3M is seeking a Business Analyst for the Business Services Operations (BSO) division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Business Analyst will provide information and actionable insight derived from both internal and external data to enable Sales, Marketing, Key Account and Channel leadership to make informed decisions. This role applies knowledge of markets and industries, our products, and skills in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analyses to enable key stakeholders to better understand, predict and influence business outcomes. A key responsibility is developing new capabilities that standardize our offerings, automate the outcomes, and expand our impact on the business.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leverage internal and external data to conduct robust analytics to help the business thoroughly understand category sales trends, drivers, and opportunities
- Extract, transform, and manipulate complex data into datasets that enable sound analytics
- Engage with internal and external business partners to understand key business needs and challenges
- Develop actionable insights and recommendations based on analytics-driven findings
- Design and build standardized dashboards and deliverables to enable efficient access to information
- Present complex multi-dimensional data in clear fashion within charts, graphs, and tables
- Share solutions and collaborate with the broader analytics organization
- Ensure adherence to 3M data governance, compliance and risk policies
- Adapt positively to business changes and shifting priorities and reprioritize project and tasks accordingly
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of business analytics experience in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university, preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or Business Analytics
- Ability to think strategically and develop actionable insights based on complex information
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience using business intelligence tools such as SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Power BI, QlikView, Tableau
- Minimum of one (1) year experience using advanced programming and modeling tools such as SQL, SAS, R, Python
Advanced Excel skills
- Comfortable navigating complex data structures and applying robust data mining techniques
- Ability to develop creative solutions to ambiguous problems
- Strong collaboration skills
- Highly responsive and driven individual for a demanding work environment
- Project management and requirements definition experience
- Presentation delivery and clear/concise articulation of thoughts/information; ability to tell a story through the data
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
To apply for this job please visit 3m.recsolu.com.