ascena is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women through our brands: Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey, Lane Bryant and Cacique. We operate ecommerce websites and over 1,200 stores throughout the United States. For more information visit: annTaylor.com, LOFT.com, and lanebryant.com.
Machine Learning Engineer
Reports To: AVP, Advanced Analytics
Location: This role is based at one of our corporate locations in NY, NJ, OH or MN; remote alternatives in the same geographic region may be considered if consistent with business needs.
ascena’s Advanced Analytics group is seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated and self-directed Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. We collaborate with our partner teams to deliver high-impacting data products and models across enterprise-wide functions, including technology, performance marketing, merchandise planning & allocation, ecommerce, customer experience, store operations, supply chain and others as ascena continues to modernize and evolve its machine learning capabilities.
In our team, you will make an impact by:
- Developing technologically advanced solutions that make a large-scale impact and optimize the end-user experience.
- Operating with a start-up mentality, bringing new ideas to the table, and inspiring those around you to do the same.
- Identifying areas of opportunity, determining solution designs, and providing guidance to system and process enhancements.
- Successfully translating requirements into technical solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, deploy and maintain machine learning and advance analytics infrastructure to solve challenging business problems.
- Develop automation tools to enable scalable machine learning at the speed of business.
- Build capabilities to monitor, identify drivers of and provide recommendations for improving machine learning systems performance.
- Deliver technical thought leadership within the team and larger analytics function.
- Work in collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to design analytical solutions to business challenges.
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management.
- 5+ years’ experience deploying and maintaining machine learning systems in production environments.
- Proficiency in Python and Linux/Unix/Shell environments.
- Experience with SQL, NO-SQL databases.
- Working knowledge in container and cloud native technologies – Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies and tools.
- Experience working on AWS and Kubeflow pipelines, preferred.
- Strong inclination towards exploring and learning new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Retail experience a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent required. Master of Science in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics or equivalent preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com