Website Best Buy Co.,
The Sr. Analyst, Claiming Operations and Systems, is a key business partner to the Best Buy Services organization, including but not limited to the Omni Channel Service Delivery, D&T, Finance, Controllership, Underwriting, Compliance and Actuarial teams. This role will support the Warranty Claiming functions and will be responsible for providing reporting and analytics on claim performance for our warranty programs (Best Buy Protection, Geek Squad Protection, Lively Protection, Loss & Theft, and Factory Warranty), This role is critical to drive costs out of the warranty fulfillment process while also ensuring that costs are accurately and timely recognized. Lastly, this individual will assist with the creation of a new claims forecasting/budgeting capability that will identify leading indicators, risks, and opportunities that impact program financials.
- Create month and quarter end claims reporting to meet the financial and compliance obligations associated with our warranty programs.
- Generate recurring operational reports that enable our cross functional partners to effectively manage their business.
- Analyze claiming trends in partnership with our Underwriting, Compliance, and Actuarial teams to support changes to existing programs or the creation of new programs.
- Provide insightful and timely ad-hoc reporting for internal and external teams as needed.
Automation & Systems:
- Support the implementation of alternative cost saving fulfillment models by ensuring claiming solutions are in place.
- Drive efficiencies and automation by developing systematic and repeatable reporting using SQL, Power Bi, Excel, Python, and other BI tools.
- Assist in the creation and ongoing monitoring of system integrations (both internal & external) to ensure all costs and claims are captured and accounted for in our centralized claiming system (Claims Hub).
- Define system requirements for the continued evolution of the claiming function and associated systems.
Business Insights & Acumen:
- Perform root cause analysis for increasing claim frequency or severity, escalations, and compliance related issues.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements that enable time or cost savings, as well as proactive risk mitigation for the Best Buy Services business.
- Communicate to business partners through reports and presentations the trends and opportunities within the claiming function.
- 3 or more years – Warranty claims, financial, technical, or operational experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrates Innovation. Seeks new and creative ways to approach analytical exercises and projects.
- Proficient in BI Tools (SQL, Power BI, and Python, etc…)
- 2 or more years of expertise designing, supporting, and improving systematic or manual operational processes.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.