BetterYou is a Healthy Habits Companion on a mission to help you achieve your goals. To date we’ve helped thousands of people get an extra 30 minutes of sleep each night, improve their talk time with friends by 10 minutes each day, or get another workout in every week. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come build with us!
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will design and construct workflows and processes that deliver efficient, reliable, and timely access to both raw and groomed data across the organization.
You will optimize data retrieval, develop dashboards and reports for stakeholders, implement methods to improve data reliability and quality, and transform raw data into systems to increase efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Data acquisition
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Interpret data trends and patterns
- Align architecture with business requirements
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Collaborate closely with others on the Product and Development teams
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Develop automated processes to deliver data to (and return it from) machine learning pipelines back into the platform
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Use data to discover tasks for automation
Key Competencies, Skills, or Abilities:
- Proficiency in Java Script and Google Cloud Functions / FireBase
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills
- Understanding of databases such as NoSQL databases
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- A good communicator with effective stakeholder management & conflict resolution skills
Experience – Required:
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Experience – Preferred:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Familiarity with the health and wellness industry
- Experience working at an agile startup
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401(k) Matching
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (15 Day Minimum)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Illness)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Culture Bonus
- Retention Bonus
- Office-First Workplace with Flexibility
- Stock Option Plan
Working at BetterYou
At BetterYou, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives allows our employees, product, and
community to flourish. BetterYou is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Learn more about BetterYou at https://www.betteryou.ai/
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.