Website Bluestem Brands
Bluestem Brands, Inc. is the parent company to 13 dynamic, eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers’ unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Sr. Decision Sciences Analyst for Bluestem Brands, to be located at our office in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Decision Science is part of our dynamic Marketing team. This team is focused on leveraging a number of different data sources in innovative ways. They build analytical and technical solutions that identify points-of-difference in customer behavior, promotional sensitivity, channel shopping preference and more. It’s these points-of-difference that allow our business partners to tailor marketing communication and the customer experience both offline and online to drive business value. As a member of the Decision Sciences team, you will assist business leaders through statistical analysis, customer analytics and development of predictive models.
What you’ll do:
- Develop predictive response models for New Customer Acquisition and Customer Marketing Programs, eCommerce personalization and targeting using SAS and/or SQL
- Work directly with clients and business leaders on planning, executing, and presenting data-driven solutions
- Provide coaching and support to junior team members on modeling best practices
- Identify and conduct research projects to improve the quality of predictive models and support the understanding and application of models and analysis
- Create the tools and do the analysis to enrich the customer experience across all Bluestem Brands Inc.
- Support Marketing through test design and measurement
- Apply quantitative methods to analyze customer data to support new initiatives
- Partner with business leaders to define new opportunities to drive revenue and profit while controlling credit risk
- Develop reporting tools for tracking new programs and tests
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; statistics, mathematics or other hard sciences is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant analytical experience and/or direct marketing experience is preferred
- Strong data extraction/manipulation/summarization and organizational skills
- Strong programming skills (SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with predictive modeling and data analysis tools (SAS, SPSS, R, Portrait Miner)
- Experience with statistical methods: regression analysis, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, random forests, etc.
- Strong problem solving, project management and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally to achieve business goals
To apply for this job please visit www.bluestem.com.