Website Bluestem Brands
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to seven eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers’ unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what’s right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you’ll want to be. And we don’t just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to lead a team of Data Scientists who provide advanced analytics and machine learning models to the organization. The manager will be responsible driving the marketing team’s data science strategy, fostering innovation within the marketing data science team, and expanding the use of statistical models across the marketing organization. This person will be a key member of the marketing team working with multiple stakeholders to maintain and improve current business programs and assist with developing new marketing initiatives. He/she should be comfortable guiding and counseling business partners on the use of data and statistical models, while also having the technical knowledge to successfully partner with IT teams. This person should also be able to roll up their sleeves, clean some data, maintain current production processes, and build predictive models as needed. A successful candidate will be analytical, innovative, have strong collaboration skills, and have experience leading and managing a tech-savvy team. We’re looking for someone who enjoys challenging problems and has a desire to make an impact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with business leaders to define new opportunities to drive revenue and profit. Serve as both a quantitative expert and a business innovator.
- Provide the business with an objective perspective on the feasibility and benefits of using statistical models or other advanced analytical tools to impact their objectives.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and improvements in all aspects of the data science process including testing new data sources, applying new algorithms, and evaluating new tools and software. Be able to manage the innovation process end to end, from ideation through presenting to business leaders and implementation.
- Support strategic initiatives by identifying new areas in the organization where the data science team could assist with improving business processes and programs.
- Support the business in all aspects of using and understanding the data science team’s statistical models and tools.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the model production environment, including model scoring and model governance.
- Develop and implement machine learning models for the marketing organization, as needed.
- Support 3-5 direct reports by managing the data science workflow, removing roadblocks to ensure analyst success, training new employees, providing knowledge and expertise as needed, managing the larger data science projects, and providing ongoing coaching and feedback to each individual.
- Partner with IT/BI in definition and development of the dynamic, complex analytics data environment.
- Other duties as needed to ensure the success of the data science team.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with proven track record of quantitative innovation.
- Proven experience in direct-marketing, retail, or financial services fields preferred.
- Strong data extraction/manipulation/summarization skills required in a wide variety of databases and environments: DB2, SQLserver, AWS, Hadoop, etc.
- Advanced programming skills: Python and SQL proficiency required. SAS and Scala experience a plus.
- Experience with advanced statistical methods including machine learning required – Random Forrest, SVM, XGBoost, deep learning, neural networks, regression analysis, hypothesis testing, cluster analysis, etc.
- Strong problem solving, project management, and communication skills.
- Experience with on-line marketing analytics preferred.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.