Website Bright Health
Bright Health is delivering a smarter, more connected healthcare experience. Our affordable health insurance plans and exclusive partnerships with leading health systems are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health. Today, Bright Health provides health insurance to individuals in Colorado, Arizona, and Alabama in both the Individual and Medicare Advantage space.
Our mission? Making Healthcare Right. Together.
Bright Health’s Analytics Team is working to push boundaries to redefine what strong analytics can accomplish in health care. As an Analytics Consultant, you will advance the role of analytics as strategic thought partner to all areas of the business and will contribute to a culture of theory testing and data-driven decision making.
You will have a background in data analysis, mathematics, statistics, epidemiology or a related field and you will be comfortable speaking both ‘business’ and ‘data’ with our internal business partners. You apply a level of analytic rigor that appropriately matches the business need, and you do not compromise on strong data management practices. You are an independent thinker who helps shape the conversation in a way that drives Bright’s mission forward.
You have experience with and a clear understanding of healthcare data sources including medical claims and/or electronic health records data. You have skills that span the analytics spectrum, including ‘baseline’ skills such as data management practices, ability to gather and influence requirements in an iterative process, develop reports, and interpret results to recommend action. You will develop or further your expertise in core health plan areas such as risk adjustment, HEDIS and Star Ratings, consumer experience, and performance measurement.
Finally, you have worked to evaluate programs large and small, and have deep understanding of success measures and program effectiveness and efficiency.
YOU CAN ANTICIPATE YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to design and implement program evaluation of key clinical and member experience initiatives.
- Track and measure success of new and existing Bright Health programs and initiatives
- Bring together multiple sources of complex data to design and develop reports that answer business questions.
- Investigate key business problems by analyzing data to identify patterns and trends, translating the analysis into insights, and using the results to define opportunities to drive business action.
- Expand expertise in core areas of health care data, including traditional claims data, real-time provider data, and novel sources of data related to consumer experience and the social determinants of health.
- Produce clear and concise summaries of analytical findings for easy consumption by a variety of audiences through a variety of media: presentations, email summaries, executive summaries, and oral discussions.
You have 5 years of Health Economics, Analytics or Clinical Research experience, and at least 2 years of health care industry experience.
Preferred: Strong background in writing SQL queries and analyzing data using SAS. Key SAS concepts include MACRO processing, regression procedures such as LOGIT and GLM, and ODS. Experience with Tableau is a plus
You are familiar and comfortable with the application of statistical programming such as SAS, R, or Python.
You are well-versed in analytics competencies, processes, and tools. You are comfortable diving deep into health care and consumer health data and can apply it to health plan operations. You are familiar with the concepts of causal analysis, and multivariable modelling, and their application in a healthcare setting.
You have a fundamental understanding of healthcare economics and the drivers of healthcare cost and utilization.
Additionally, you are an eager learner, collaborative partner, easy communicator, and careful analyst with a passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.