The Navisphere Vision team at C.H. Robinson is transforming the logistics industry. This team is comprised of talented software engineers and product managers who received the 2019 Tekne award from the Minnesota Technology Association in recognition of this industry leading and innovative product. As a data scientist, you will leverage your passion for data and understanding details of our business and technology to clarify requirements, transform data into actionable insights, work on innovative projects, combine expert statistical modeling knowledge with machine learning, and deliver on critical projects. Those who love to work with data will see this as a tremendous opportunity to improve the world’s supply chains.
- Evaluate and understand current & nascent modeling methods in the Data Science space.
- Design and engineer high performance computing platforms and algorithms for a wide variety of data.
- Develop new features for existing algorithms through statistical and machine learning methodologies.
- Validate and implement modeling improvements to increase accuracy of data science Algorithms
- Embrace an R&D mindset through Rapid Prototyping & Iterative Experimentation
- Work closely with IT delivery teams to productionalize successful models in an on demand environment
- 2+ years of experience in advanced analytics, machine learning and/or data science or one year of professional experience with an advanced degree (Masters or PhD)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with Statistical Algorithms, especially Boosting, Classification and Regression
- Experience in programming: R and Python
- Familiarity with data fundamentals including SQL
- Experience with Spark/Hive Ecosystems and other noSQL data environments
- Experience working with Data Mining & Network Models
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems & Containerization
- Experience with deep learning including Tensorflow & PyTorch
- Experience building and working with APIs
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
- Demonstrated having conducted deep research into a targeted subject area
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize work effectively to maximize output and productivity
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected. Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit chrobinson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.