Website City of Saint Paul - Office of Technology & Communications
OPENING DATE: 09/19/17
CLOSING DATE: 10/09/17 at 04:30 PM
SALARY: $38.86 – $53.80 Hourly
$80,828.80 – $111,904. 00 Annually
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Office of Technology and Communication
GENERAL DUTY STATEMENT:
Information about this position:
The City of Saint Paul is looking for someone who is passionate about data and is ready to shape how the organization leverages data as our new Enterprise Information Manager. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Application Development and Support, you will be responsible for managing data from the database level to its delivery via reports, dashboards, and advanced analytics. This new position will have the opportunity to deliver high value data, tools and techniques as key components of a state of the art data management program. In this role, you will define and implement strategies, platforms and toolsets, translate tactical vision into business capabilities, and transform high value data into consumable and actionable information for all city departments.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Leading and coaching developers and database administrators to deliver high quality, innovative
• Leading the architecture, design and prototyping of solutions to support business strategies with an agile approach to deliver business value quickly
• Collaborating with business leaders and users from all city departments to define information needs and translate them to functional requirements for the technical team
• Working with departments to ensure effective management of critical information, such as regulatory, financial, asset and people information.
• Enabling business partner self-service data usage by delivering high quality, clearly defined, and accessible tools
• Continually investing time researching new tools and techniques to provide the most innovative and optimized data management program possible
• Ensuring best practices are understood and implemented resulting in the City of Saint Paul’s data management capability being successful and sustainable
The City of Saint Paul has established a Racial Equity Initiative with goals of ending racial disparity in the City as an organization, achieving racial equity in city services and engagement, and eliminating race-based disparities in our community. This citywide effort is designed to ensure that race, in part, does not predetermine opportunities in education, employment, housing, health and safety. Click here to learn more about the City of Saint Paul and the Mayor’s Racial Equity Initiative.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Technology, or a related field and six (6) years of vacancy-related work experience, or vacancy-related technical school certificate and ten (10) years of work experience related to the vacancy.
Work experience must have included four (4) years of experience supervising or leading technical staff and demonstrated project management of large technical projects that would allow one to gain a conceptual understanding of interrelated technical platforms.
May require a valid Minnesota Class D Driver’s License, or equivalent out-of-state driver’s license. The driver’s license must have no suspensions or revocations for driving-related offenses within the two year period prior to the date of appointment. Suspensions for parking-related offenses are excluded.
Preferred qualifications for the current opening include:
• Successful track record of managing technical teams in a fast-paced, innovative, and customer-oriented environment
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 20xx and Oracle 11x database technologies
• Experience with the MS Business Intelligence Stack and supporting technologies, including SQL Server
• Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services
• (SSAS), Data Quality Services (DQS), and Master Data Services (MDS)
• Experience developing and managing a data warehouse environment for long-term sustainability
• Experience with ETL strategies and execution
• Experience evaluating and using multiple data visualization tools
• Experience leveraging Microsoft Azure services
• Experience with governance and documentation strategies that ensure long-term program sustainability
Those invited for the hiring interview may be evaluated on experience listed above and preferred qualifications listed below:
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex, interactive technological concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Experience working collaboratively across different skillsets and points of view
• Superior attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines
• A drive to do what it takes to get the job done including taking on different roles and responsibilities and adapting to changing environments
Competencies (Not listed in order of importance)
• Demonstrates the ability to manage all aspects of a project or assigned functional area having a citywide impact. Demonstrates the ability to identify which employee or technical issue requires immediate attention and plans for and takes effective and appropriate action.
• Demonstrates the ability to speak and write in a persuasive manner that can be understood by employees at all levels within the City, including elected official. Demonstrates the ability to prepare planning documents that can be used for a broad range of systems issues. Demonstrates the ability to present information regarding the use of information technology in an effective manner to senior City management.
• Demonstrates effective leadership of an assigned functional area. Demonstrates the ability to provide effective work direction to subordinate employees by promoting the mission and vision of the unit and the desired work behaviors. Demonstrates the ability to facilitate the group problem solving process, recognizing positive results, managing conflict, and negotiating for satisfactory outcomes.
BY CLOSING DATE, YOU MUST:
1. Submit a City of Saint Paul online application, including answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire.
2. Upload the following required documents via the online application system. You will not be eligible for this position unless the following documents are submitted. (Zip files and web links will not be accepted. Each uploaded attachment is limited to 10MB.)
1. A resume; AND
2. A cover letter
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/stpaul/jobs/1851240/enterprise-information-manager →