Website City of Saint Paul - Office of Technology & Communications
OPENING DATE: 09/15/17
CLOSING DATE: 10/04/17 at 04:30 PM
SALARY: $25.87 – $35.00 Hourly
$53,809.60 – $72,800.0 0 Annually
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Office of Technology and Communication
GENERAL DUTY STATEMENT:
Information about this position:
This is an exciting role that will provide you with the opportunity to shape the future direction of Saint Paul’s
Business Intelligence capability. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter who is looking to start their career in business intelligence and data analytics. You will create reporting and analytics, providing decision makers with actionable data. You will collaborate with business partners across organization to collect requirements and identify the key performance indicators necessary to create meaningful data visualizations your business partners will leverage to manage the City of Saint Paul.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Actively participating in development and creation of data warehouse
• Designing packages related to the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) process
• Writing and troubleshoot SQL code, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, and constraints.
• Working with business partners to define business intelligence needs and translate them to functional requirements to the technical team
• Communicating with front-end users to ensure deliverables are exceeding expectations
• Developing reporting frameworks and reporting deliverables, developing reporting and dashboard solutions
• Helping business users leverage the appropriate business intelligence techniques and tools
A technical school Certification in an area of Information Technology that is related to the vacancy, or at least, twelve (12) months of documented on-the-job training related to the vacancy.
May require a valid Minnesota Class D Driver’s License, or equivalent out-of-state driver’s license. The driver’s license must have no suspensions or revocations for driving-related offenses within the two year period prior to the date of appointment. Suspensions for parking-related offenses are excluded.
Preferred qualifications for the current opening include:
• A customer-first mentality and exceptional communications skills.
• Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
• Understanding of datasets and dimensional analysis of data
• Familiarity with data modeling and extracting data from data marts
• Exposure to the MS SQL Business Intelligence technology stack
• Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Power BI, SSRS, etc.
Those invited for the hiring interview may be evaluated on experience listed above and preferred
qualifications listed below:
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex, interactive technological concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Experience working collaboratively across different skillsets and points of view
• Superior attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines
• A drive to do what it takes to get the job done including taking on different roles and responsibilities and adapting to changing environments
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects and priorities as assigned.
• Demonstrates the ability to appropriately define a problem and apply knowledge gained from previous issues and solutions to resolving a current challenge.
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively interact with customers through listening attentively to customer needs and keeping customers informed regarding the status of projects.
• Demonstrates the qualities of adaptability, flexibility, dependability, and accountability in everyday work and in interactions with coworkers.
BY CLOSING DATE, YOU MUST:
1. Submit a City of Saint Paul online application, including answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire.
2. Upload the following required documents via the online application system. You will not be eligible for this position unless the following documents are submitted. (Zip files and web links will not be accepted. Each uploaded attachment is limited to 10MB.)
1. A resume; AND
2. A cover letter
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org