Website Daugherty Business Solutions
Daugherty Business Solutions is looking for Data Engineers of all levels with varying modern technology stack experience, who can adapt to new client environments and learn new technologies quickly.
We are looking for full-stack developers, but also consultants with deep expertise in specific modern technologies. We always want people to apply what they know, but if you don’t know a particular technology of interest, we provide vast opportunities to learn new capabilities.
Most of our work is presently remote, and our teams support clients across all of our markets. As we plan to re-open our offices, our Enterprise Dev Center provides for unparalleled opportunities to collaborate with your colleagues on our clients’ most challenging technology-enabled business problems.
We prefer our team to be located in the communities in which we live and work. Although our work is remote, our teams collaborate in-person periodically, and our clients may prefer our engineers to be on-site. Daugherty supports remote work opportunities when possible.
Our locations include: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN; Franklin Lakes, NJ; St. Louis, MO. Thinking about moving to one of these cities? Just ask about relocation assistance.
As a Data Engineer on Team Daugherty, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Collaborate and work closely with team to build data platforms.
- Maintain and manage Hadoop clusters in development and production environments.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Work with team members and functional leads to understand existing data requirements and validation rules to support moving existing data warehouse workloads into a distributed data platform.
- Create custom software components (e.g. specialized UDFs) and analytics applications.
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Implement & automate high-performance algorithms, prototypes and predictive models.
- Interest working with AWS technologies such as Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, ADP, Hive, Kinesis, SNS/SQS and QuickSight.
Interest in Python, R, sh/bash and JVM-based languages including Scala and Java.
- Interest in Hadoop family languages including Pig and Hive.
- Familiarity with high performance data libraries including Spark, NumPy and TensorFlow.
- Proven ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly.
- Intermediate level of SQL programming and query performance tuning techniques for data integration and consumption using design for optimum performance against large data assets within an OLTP, OLAP and MPP architecture.
- Knowledge of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, and in-memory versus disk.
- Experience building data pipelines to connect analytics stacks, client data visualization tools and external data sources.
- Exposure to stream-processing and messaging, such as Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka and MQ.
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD toolset, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Buildbot, Drone and Bamboo.
- Some experience with programming Languages, such as Scala, Java, R and Python.
- Preferred: College degree or equivalent in technology-related field (computer science, engineering, information technology, etc.)
- Practical education or experience in a technology related field – could include bootcamps and focused educational programs
- Project experience in delivering technology solutions in a team-based environment, ideally Agile development
About Daugherty Business Solutions
Daugherty Business Solutions brings a fresh approach to consulting by rolling up our sleeves and working with our clients—collaborating to solve some of their most pressing business challenges. We deliver results. This is why many of the most well-known companies in the world trust us with their mission-critical projects and why working at Daugherty is for the smart, the talented, and the curious.
Life at Daugherty isn’t like your typical consulting job. Every team member plays an integral role in our company’s success, and we treat you that way, starting with our culture.
In our Dev Center, specifically, we like to say that we have the culture of a startup with the security of a 35+ year old company. By that, it’s a casual, relaxed agile shop focused on helping you create your best work. (And – A casual dress code is just one part of that success.) The other side… Our consultants work in the cities in which they live, and you don’t have to worry about your job ending when a contract is up.
What We Commit to YOU
- We provide a multitude of training opportunities, including Lunch and Learns, evening classes, hackathons, and free access to Pluralsight and Safari libraries of online learning.
- You will get to work with some of the most innovative teams in the IT marketplace and solve real, business problems.
- We will invest in things that are important to you both professionally and personally.
- We will provide you with a team environment like no other – and we prove that, as we consistently rank as a Top Workplace in many of our locations as voted by our own employees.
- We will build a relationship with you to accelerate your Career.
- We provide some of the best benefits around.
We offer members of Team Daugherty
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Revenue sharing and a 401(k) retirement savings.
- Life, disability, and long-term care insurance.
- Little to no travel.
- Robust career development and extensive training.
- Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working remotely. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely.
- We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Daugherty Business Solutions is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please inform any recruiter you are working with (or send an email to email@example.com) and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The recruiting team will respond to your email promptly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org