How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities):
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a world-class IT organization at the world’s best airline!
Delta is seeking a highly motivated data scientist to join the Operations Research Data Science (ORDS) team. This is a role on a high impact team. The team creates data-driven models that generate recommendations impacting 4000 daily flights, $40 billion dollars in annual revenue, and 200 million annual customers. Examples of ORDS models currently in production include ticket pricing models, demand forecasting models, aircraft parts forecasting & inventory optimization, cargo capacity forecaster, customer no-show & cancellation forecaster, and several others.
BENEFITS AND PERKS TO HELP YOU KEEP CLIMBING
Why You’ll Love Delta!
Our culture is rooted in a shared dedication to living our values – Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Servant Leadership – every day, in everything we do. Exploring a career at Delta gives you a chance to see the world while providing great beneﬁts to help you keep climbing along the way:
- Competitive salary, industry-leading proﬁt sharing, and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health & wellness beneﬁts including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life beneﬁts
- Domestic and International Flight privileges for employees and eligible family members
- Career development programs are available for your long-term career goals
- Access to subsidized and vetted Backup Care for children, adults, and pets through Care.com
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- Experience or interest in becoming an expert Python developer and continuously learning
- Experience developing machine learning models
- Eager to learn airline data and develop innovative solutions for diverse, complex business problems
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and ETL processes
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with business counterparts
- Outstanding communication skills
- Communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders through data visualizations and presentations
- Work with speed, urgency, agility, and an 80-20 mindset
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Advanced degree from a highly rated program
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with Tableau
- Full stack developer skillset
To apply for this job please visit delta.avature.net.