Website Fairview Health Services
This role is responsible for leading the analytic strategy for Pharmacy Services’ health outcomes work. Pharmacy is a complex area that serves the clinical and business lines including specialty, retail, mail order, medication therapy management, and home infusion. This position collaborates with outcomes research to address priority outcome evaluation needs by providing complex data and analytic support in the following areas:
- Create queries, formulas, procedures, and ability to manipulate large datasets of medical and pharmacy data and claims data
- Analyze and interpret medical / pharmacy/claims data and reports, identify trends and patterns, drive for ways to report outcomes on Pharmacy Services initiatives
- Develop analytic methodologies and models, create metrics and new innovative measures, build reports and presentation materials that turn data into actionable insights
This is a hands-on data analysis position. It is a technical role that requires a skill set of:
- Query data and pull from different data sources such as files and database tables, coming from ftp sites and database servers (primarily Oracle and Microsoft).
- Expertise creating complex queries and procedures using analysis tools (our environment has SAS, SPSS, R, and python available as well as the MS Office suite) and the ability to query using SQL
- Understanding of statistical methods and methodologies in data analysis
Non-technical skills are also very important. Being patient, a good teacher, and enjoy working directly with clinicians and business users are all must-haves. Should be able to present complex results and conclusions to non-technical audiences and business owners.
Required is a BA/BS degree in a technical field (math, statistics, computer science, etc.) or another related field with training in quantitative analysis and research methods
At least 3 years experience in data analysis or statistical analysis, preferably in healthcare. Demonstrated ability to create complex queries with multiple data sets and tables is required. Also required is the ability to identify your data requirements, and locate other feeds and sources you may need.
This position is devoted to the outcomes research area, and part of a larger technical team with other analysts and developers, and part of the larger organization. There are many opportunities to collaborate with others in your and other disciplines.
The culture is cooperative and positive, in an environment that is fast-paced and entrepreneurial.
About Fairview Health Services
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 11 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.fairview.org/css_external/CSSPage_Welcome.asp →