The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis has an exciting opportunity for individuals with data science experience. The successful candidate will become a part of the Production Function within the National Stress Testing Program. The individual will work with complex datasets, a variety of statistical modeling techniques, and several programming languages. The individual will collaborate locally with other members of the Minneapolis team as well as nationally with colleagues across the Federal Reserve System. The individual will utilize R and Python to implement models for annual Dodd-Frank Act stress tests, develop automated analytics, and support policy makers with ad hoc analysis. The individual will interact with senior leaders across the Federal Reserve System. Candidates with significant relevant experience will be considered for a senior role.
- Designs and implements standardized, high-quality code used to produce stress testing results
- Collaborates with model research and development staff to assess operational risks and design of code for proposed model changes
- Uses best practices around development, testing, deployment, and controls of model code and analytics
- Develops and maintains automated analytical tools to support interpretation of data trends and modeled outcomes
- Maintains and creates database/computing requirements for efficient and rigorously controlled production
- Communicates outcomes of projects and analyses to various audiences including senior bank leadership and Federal Reserve System officials
- Develops subject matter expertise in areas of financial risk relevant to stress testing and banking.
- Collaborates with other analysts, project management, and leadership on coding, results execution, and ad hoc analysis
- Safeguards equipment, sensitive data, and resources according to the SRC Information Security and Data Handling Handbook
- Handles records in accordance with the System Records Retention Manual compliance plan
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative field and demonstrated experience in data science (minimum of 3 years for senior)
- Experience in open-source programing languages R (preferred) and/or Python including data processing, modeling, visualization, and documentation tools
- Knowledge of version control platforms such as Git and containerization tools such as Docker
- Ability to adapt to new and changing regulatory and financial industry environments
- Ability to effectively articulate issues and solution proposals in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently in a matrix management structure as well as willingness to collaborate within a team
- Expertise in management of data requirements and use of data in relational databases using SQL
- Experience developing, implementing, or validating statistical or mathematical models
- Experience with the software development life cycle preferred
- Experience with data science in cloud-based environments preferred
Are you interested in this position but not sure if your experience aligns with every qualification above? That’s okay. We still love to hear from you to learn more about what you would bring to the role!
To apply for this job please visit rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.