Website General Mills
Making Food the World Loves
Do you have a passion for data and analytics? Do you have a proven track record of turning analytics into action? As the Manager of Analytics Strategy and Application you will be responsible for working with stakeholders to solve critical business problems leveraging advanced data and analytics to provide actionable insights. In this role it will be critical to be able to translate between key needs of our stakeholders and our analytic and data science team.
This position is responsible for the leadership of a team of 11 statisticians and data scientists spanning the full global team (Minneapolis and Mumbai). In this role you will set the strategic direction, prioritize the work of the team, and be responsible for working with stakeholders to ensure delivery of robust insights to fully implemented solutions. This individual needs to have strong working knowledge of different types of advanced analytical techniques but can rely on experts within the team to develop and execute the work.
In this role you will have the unique opportunity to grow your business acumen, storytelling, and cross-functional leadership skills in the Data and Analytics space. Typical work will include partnering closely to understand stakeholder needs and ensuring solutions are in place to meet ongoing demands. You will lead a global team and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders. A successful candidate will have the right blend of delivering on stakeholder needs, managing a highly technical team and turning analytics into action.
Example work from the team includes the following:
- Category Forecasts for our key global markets
- Development of new analytical capabilities to uncover growth opportunities and better marketing and innovation activation – for example, developing simulation tools (Digital Twin) to reduce our reliance
- on market research for predicting new product success or failure
- Using text analytics to extract key information out of sources like patents or trademarks to understand competitor innovations before they hit the market
- Being a consultant to stakeholders to identify analytics we can do on their behalf that will lead to direct business impact
In this role you will:
- Grow, lead, and develop a team of subject matter and technical experts based in the US and Mumbai
- Ongoing project management will be done via the analytics technical lead – your role is setting direction on what to work on and then how the work will be applied with business users
- Ensure working team has the right priorities in place
- Partner with the Marketing Analytics and Insights technical lead to execute against prioritized work
- Identify and ensure team is developing their capabilities to meet evolving stakeholder needs
- Storytelling for Business Impact – ability to take technical output and translate into business recommendations and results
This position will be part of the larger Decision Sciences team, assisting in data stewardship and visualization areas as needed; for example partnering with data visualizations to advance our data assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with stakeholders
- 5-8+ years of previous applicable experience
- 3+ years working in CPG Marketing and Analytics
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical techniques
- Ability to lead a cross-functional project teams and capable of working with highly technical teams – can translate business needs to requirements against which technical resources can execute
- Ability to translate highly technical and complex work into easily understood concepts that business teams can trust and take action on
- Agility to deliver with sense of urgency, consistently meeting tight timelines
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- 7+ years working in CPG Marketing and Analytics
- Familiarity with core languages of R and Python
- Prior experience working in Agile Project management
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
To apply for this job please visit careers.generalmills.com.