Website Harmon, Inc.
The Finance Business Partner is a key member of Harmon’s Finance team responsible for developing the business in conjunction with manufacturing and operations leadership. This is both a strategic and hands-on role which utilizes strong financial knowledge and business acumen to translate numbers into a business story that will influence improved financial performance, delivery of key performance metrics, implementation of process improvements, and creation of management information metrics and dashboards. The role will be responsible for using strong knowledge of systems and data to develop analytical insights and innovative solutions to maximize existing business strengths and contribute to business value creation.
This position will interact closely with general managers, manufacturing plant managers, project managers, preconstruction services/sales, and IT on initiatives related to project and financial measures with a focus on specific initiatives outlined by executive management. Therefore, the candidate must demonstrate a passion for collaboration, accountability, setting high standards, raising the bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, financial performance, productivity, and team performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Gain trust by establishing a regular business partner communication cadence including financial modeling and analysis, dashboard metrics and reporting that provide insights and a proactive way of managing and monitoring leading indicators for Harmon’s operating units (OU)
- Manage and analyze reporting on project and OU performance against financial and organizational metrics
- Perform weekly and monthly analysis of project performance
- Provide analysis and interpretation of statistical and financial information to evaluate operating results in terms of profitability and performance against bid and labor goals
- Work closely with the VP, Finance and Assistant Controller to coordinate and manage preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, highlighting key variances/trends and providing explanations for use by management
- Ability to independently structure analysis data, interpret moderate to complex analytical concepts/models and communicate the findings to executive leadership and operating unit leaders
- Conduct financial and business analysis – interpreting gaps, impacts, workflow requirements and process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate and consult with OU leaders and IT to maintain and deliver against business intelligence and reporting needs to run the business
- Manipulate, aggregate and derive useful information from data stored across many sources to identify business trends and turn insights into actionable recommendations
- Develop, manage, coordinate, and ensure that key financial analysis (dashboards, analytics, etc.) are delivered accurately and timely
- Partner with business users to validate business requirements/requests for analysis and present intermediate and final analytical results
- Gather and interpret data requirements, research and analysis, business solution design, and data mapping; partner with IT to develop data sourcing and delivery solutions
- Understand business drivers, incorporate relevant financial levers, and prepare data driven recommendations on business strategies with the appropriate levels of detail; use expertise and business knowledge to make recommendations on relevant analysis
- Understands how data reporting could be best utilized to address OU specific issues and coordinate and facilitate resources for these initiatives to develop solutions for the business
- This position will be exposed to multiple data sources and will work to align processes and to streamline and improve data management processes
- Lead projects and coordinate resources on cross-function analysis and reporting initiatives
- Manages specific projects and initiatives as outlined by executive management, working with project and manufacturing management to improve on business processes and financial metrics
- Apply Continuous Improvement principles in own work and drives continuous improvement application in company operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10% Travel Required
No direct supervisory responsibilities. As an indirect leader, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Provides coaching feedback and helps to resolve issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, be a team player, and have superior attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence cross-functional team members and senior leader.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required, BA/BS in finance, accounting, economics or related field. Minimum of 7 to 10 years applicable finance or analytics experience. Related work experience in a CPA firm and an MBA are both preferred. Construction or manufacturing experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively write correspondence to a variety of levels in the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization, and to the executive team.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply basic accounting principles to practical situations, such as analysis of variance.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy. Individual must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks. Requirements include great analytical, critical thinking skills, and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work with all levels within an organization.
Strong computer knowledge within a multi-system environment. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP/MRP, Financial Reporting Packages. Ability to set up/manipulate complex Excel spreadsheets. Knowledge and familiarity of database tools (BPC, SQL, Access, etc.) and other business intelligence or data visualization tools/technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Women/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://harmoninc.com/ →