Healthcare consultancy focused on Better Performance Management
DATA ARCHITECT – TEMPORARY (AUGUST 2018 – JANUARY 2019)
Key items to consider: HealthPlan Enrollment, Membership, Claims System, and Provider Systems knowledge is ideal.
This position will plan, document, coordinate, architect, and lead all activities related to Enterprise Data Architecture and Data Warehousing. Continued adherence to standards, principles, and Data Governance guidelines as required to meet the needs of the organization’s business requirements. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining a data architecture blueprint for the organization. The Data Architect will work with business subject matter experts and IS groups to document data attributes, translate business requirements into technical requirements to ensure appropriate controls and verification for enterprise level data integrity. Core skills include database architecture, data modeling (relational, dimensional, and hierarchical).
- Develop and maintain an Enterprise Data Model (EDM) to serve as both the strategic and tactical planning vehicles to manage the enterprise data warehouse. This effort involves working closely with business users.
- Collaborate with IS teams to ensure quality and compliance by Enterprise Data Architecture. Participate in data analysis/design reviews and conduct walkthroughs at various stages during the development life cycle. This includes providing data modeling expertise with diagrams of both relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
- Collaborate with the data warehouse team and the business partners in designing Data Marts.
- Emphasis on methodology, modeling, and governance. Define the IT design methodology, develop process to quickly incorporate model changes, and adhere to data governance best practices.
- Guide, educate, and mentor the Data Architecture Strategy directives, principles, & standards to individuals who play data-related roles (e.g. data analysts, ETL developers, report developers & systems analysts).
- Establish and maintain data standards, policies and architectures.
- Provide direction, guidance, and oversight for data quality controls.
- Identify opportunities for standardizing data descriptions, integration and archiving, and elimination of unnecessary redundancy.
- Capture and maintain metadata, creating business rules for the use of data.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Six or more years of direct experience as a Data Architect or Data Modeler with a strong data-centric background. Expertise designing and implementing Data Architectures, Modeling, Analysis and Profiling. Four or more years of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. Experience with relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices, Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Metadata Management, and Conceptual and Logical Data Design.
Experience working in healthcare.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com