Website Infinite Campus, Inc.
Transforming K12 Education
The Manager, Software Development position is responsible for overseeing software professionals in the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of commercial enterprise software products. The highly technical software team reporting to this manager position is responsible for developing the analytics tools – Campus Analytics. Candidate should have experience in software engineering and machine learning practices.
- Build and manage high-performing teams of software professionals through effective hiring, coaching, support, and performance management
- Coach and mentor software professionals in software development best practices, procedures, and concepts
- Coach, mentor, and support software professionals in their professional development
- Support project teams on active projects by helping them overcome roadblocks to success
- Evaluate the quality of requirements, designs, code, tests, and processes
- Facilitate estimations for software development projects
- Identify, communicate, and help resolve project risk factors such as dependencies and conflicts
- Facilitate conflict resolution, whether of a technical nature or personnel nature, within a team or between teams
- Build and foster relationships both inside and outside of the development organization
- Drive strategic change across the organization to improve development operations
- Identify and assign software professionals to development projects based upon expertise, availability, career alignment, etc.
- Foster the teaching/learning of functional skills beyond assigned functional responsibilities
- Instill and nurture a sense of purpose that aligns with the company values and mission
- Access Infinite Campus production customer data and production data in public test adhering to the practices and procedures outlined in the master security guidelines
- Other related duties as assigned
- BA/BS in computer science and/or 10 years industry-related experience managing software professionals creating commercial software
- Experience with Software Engineering and Machine Learning
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Technical competence in software development and automated testing environments
To apply for this job please visit chm.tbe.taleo.net.