Website International Dairy Queen (IDQ)
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and more than 20 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We’re looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Data Analyst opportunity based out of our corporate headquarters in Bloomington, MN. The Sr. Data Analyst – Marketing Analytics position sits within the Advanced Analytics group and partners closely with the Marketing team. This candidate is someone who enjoys using data to tell the story that is hidden in the data. This individual will serve as the subject matter expert for all marketing datasets and will provide complex data models, forecasting and analysis to promote data driven decision making. They will have a keen understanding of multi-channel marketing as well as best practices on modeling and measuring the campaigns. The role will include work on descriptive analytics but will also be a significant contributor in moving the advanced analytics group toward prescriptive analytics. Focus will be on developing new marketing analytics methodologies, owning and growing the marketing dataset, and providing actionable strategies geared at driving system performance.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Lead projects: lead and complete highly visible analytic projects for the marketing team such as attribution modeling, multivariate testing, media mix modeling and segmentation analysis.
- Drive decision-making: proactively detect trends, identify opportunities, and provide actionable insights to department leaders allowing them to make data-driven decisions to move the core business forward.
- Measure success: create sustainable methodologies to measure campaign success across multiple channels including email, app and web. Provide recommendations for campaign improvements based on data discoveries.
- Own the data: subject matter expert for all marketing data, working collaboratively with the data engineering team to ensure accurate integration and structure for ongoing and future projects.
- Be the expert: serve as the subject matter expert for defining quantifiable metrics and collaborate with the reporting team to create KPI dashboards.
- Bridge the gap: provide project updates to business units or committees as needed. Emphasis on translating the output into relevant business content for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Use your tools: fluently use business intelligence and analytics software such as Power BI, Alteryx, SQL and Databricks for analytic needs across the organization.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or related field
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant marketing forecast modeling and analysis experience
- Experience within a retail or QSR organization is great, but not necessary
- Experience building and deploying analytical models (demand forecasting models, attribution models, segmentation analysis, etc.) and campaign related insights
- Experience reviewing A/B results to determine campaign performance outcomes
- Proficient data mining skills with the ability to extrapolate, interpret and organize data to aid in creating fact-based conclusions on consumer behavior and business metrics
- Passionate about optimization: always looking to improving products and processes, does not get hung up on how things have always been done
- Takes Initiative: willing to jump into projects as needed and is driven to continue growing industry knowledge through conferences and trainings
- Exceptionally analytically minded: a creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units often thinking outside of the box
- Detail orientated: keen attention to detail in planning, scoping of projects, organization and execution of tasks
- See the big picture: has the ability to understanding how all the project pieces fit together and affect one another, other business units as well as the overall organization
- Customer service: ability to create and maintain business relationships and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Communication: excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information and articulate analytical results to all levels of technical expertise
Programs and Tools
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Proficient with Power BI, Alteryx, Databricks or other Business Intelligence tools
- Proficient in SQL, Python, R or other analytics programming languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
International Dairy Queen (IDQ) requests and strongly encourages all U.S. employees to submit their vaccination status and documentation.
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program. You must be work authorized in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org