Website Intuitive Technology Group
Intuitive Technology Group – an Edina-based IT staffing & consulting agency – is partnering with our Minneapolis client to find a highly motivated individual with strong data visualization skills to contribute to a global team as a Data Visualization Specialist.
This individual will be responsible for developing highly complex reports and presentations based on data available in company’s data repository, and finding compelling ways to display the analysis results.
Our client is moving away from Tableau and is using Power BI as their main tool.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintains reports created in data visualization software (Power BI, Cognos, Tableau or similar software)
- Provides recurring and special ad-hoc reports for global audience within requested time frames
- Develops complex and customized reports, both on a proactive basis to address client needs as well as in response to user requests.
- Works in conjunction with project design team on new and innovative reporting solutions and, as requested, perform business analysis and troubleshooting tasks
- Prioritize assigned projects & requests by need, with guidance from managers
Problem-Solving/Critical Thinking Skills:
- Provide creative solutions to new problems as they arise
- Troubleshoot and advise support teams on data usage/data issues as needed for proprietary applications
- Interest in understanding driving factors behind analysis results and ability internally communicate findings with appropriate business context
- Provides training to other employees on advanced and complex reporting concepts, as needed.
- Prepares documentation for report specifications or Quality Assurance testing
- 4 year college degree (MIS/Computer Science major preferred)
- 1-2 years’ experience in data visualization role or related work preferred
- Thorough knowledge of available information and structure of all application and reporting databases.
- Strong computer skills for using a wide range of software, including Cognos ReportStudio, Cognos QueryStudio, Cognos Workspace, Cognos PowerPlay/Transformer, SQL, SQL Developer, Python, Tableau, Power BI and MS Office.
- Strong ability to be organized and pay strict attention to detail.
- Strong analytic skills for constant review of complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts preferred
- Good ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for internal communications
- High degree of initiative to take lead role on assignments and to manage projects to completion.
- Strong ability to work cooperatively with others.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of experience level. We will likely have similar roles coming available in the near future at different experience levels.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org