Website Labovitz School of Business & Economics, University of Minnesota Duluth
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Labovitz School of Business and Economics (LSBE) at the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position in the Department of Marketing to serve as the Director of the Marketing Analytics Program beginning Fall 2018. In 2011, LSBE launched a major in Marketing Analytics at the undergraduate level. The major has a selective admission process and prepares students in quantitative skills needed to convert marketing data into actionable information. The program has a strong consumer products focus and aims to produce graduates who, in addition to demonstrating strong quantitative skills, are adept team players with excellent presentation skills. The program has had strong, broad-based industry support.
The school’s teaching need is in the area of Marketing Analytics at the undergraduate level. The individual hired for this position will be responsible for serving as Director of the Marketing Analytics Program and teaching undergraduate courses such as Marketing Analytics, Digital Analytics, Marketing Research, etc. Responsibilities also include recruiting, selecting, advising, mentoring and coaching each small cohort of undergraduate students admitted into program; managing internships for program participants; helping program students develop their oral and written presentation skills; running the Analytics Lab; keeping the program’s curriculum industry-relevant; developing and maintaining industry contacts for continued support; working with the program advisory board; growing the status of the program nationally; remaining current with industry trends, tools, and analytical techniques; working with student organizations and engaging in service activities with colleagues, the department, School, campus, community and professional organizations, and any other tasks assigned by the Dean/Department Head.
The Labovitz School of Business and Economics (LSBE) is AACSB-International accredited and housed in a state-of-the-art building. Approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students are currently enrolled in the school’s programs. There are currently 50+ full-time faculty members in four academic departments: Accounting and Finance, Economics, Management Studies, and Marketing. The School offers the Bachelor of Accounting, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, and MBA degrees. Regional outreach is accomplished primarily through activities of the Center for Economic Development and the Bureau of Business and Economic Research. Additional information about the School and its programs can be found at LSBE’s website at http://lsbe.d.umn.edu.
Duluth, with a population of approximately 85,000 people, is located at the head of beautiful Lake Superior. As a major shipping port, over 1,000 vessels from around the world pass under its iconic Aerial Lift Bridge, annually. As a popular tourist destination, Duluth is visited by 3.5 million people annually, accounting for a $780 million economic impact. More information about Duluth can be found at www.visitduluth.com.
- A Master’s degree in Analytics or a related field (e.g. Marketing Research, Statistics, Economics, etc.) or a Master’s degree in Business with a quantitative emphasis from an accredited institution.
- Must meet conditions for one of the four 2013 AACSB faculty qualifications [Scholarly Academic (SA), Practice Academic (PA), Scholarly Practitioner (SP), or Instructional Practitioner (IP)] as defined by LSBE (see https://lsbe.d.umn.edu/docs/Faculty%20Qualifications%20Definitions.pdf).
- At least three years of work experience in Analytics field/industry.
- Possess strong data analysis skills for teaching quantitative courses such as Marketing Analytics and Marketing Research.
- Demonstrated experience in training, presenting or teaching.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software packages (eg. SAS, SPSS, R etc).
- Graduate Degree in Business or Marketing Analytics from an AACSB accredited institution or a major national or provincial university.
- Five or more years of executive experience at a senior-level either in a corporate or university setting.
Successful as instructor in at least one university-level quantitative course (such as analytics, marketing research or statistics, etc.).
- Willingness to fulfill service responsibilities/expectations to colleagues, department, school, campus, community and professional organizations.
- Demonstrated evidence of experience working in a diverse environment and/or teaching to diverse group of students.
Applications must be submitted online. To apply for this position, go to http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/ and search for job opening 320508. First, submit the online application with cover letter and CV/resume. Then, return to the “My Activities” page to attach the additional documents.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the United States at the University of Minnesota-Duluth by the start date. Final candidates may be asked to provide additional information.
The University adheres strictly to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act where applicant/nominee names remain private and applications are maintained with absolute confidence. To protect confidentiality of potential applicants, names are only released to the public when a candidate becomes a finalist and confirms his/her intention to proceed with the selection process.
Complete applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter expressing interest & clearly explaining how the required qualifications are met;
- Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- List of three (3) professional references to include name, address, phone numbers and email addresses;
- Graduate transcript (official or unofficial);
- Teaching Evaluations (if available) completed by students or corporate training participants (attach as “Portfolio”).
The Screening committee will begin its review of completed applications on January 8, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to the chair of the Screening Committee:
Dr. Rajiv Vaidyanathan, Professor of Marketing & Screening Committee Chair
Labovitz School of Business and Economics
335 LSBE, 1318 Kirby Drive
Duluth, MN 55812-3002
To request an accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
Smoking, chewing tobacco and the use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited on all UMD property, including indoor facilities, campus grounds and University vehicles.
If you have started receiving retirement annuity payments from the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) or Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) your eligibility for this position may be impacted. Please contact UM Benefits at 1-800-756-2363 for any eligibility limitations.
We welcome and encourage individuals from underrepresented groups and US military veterans to apply.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/ →