Website McCann Minneapolis/Compass Point
At McCann Minneapolis we believe in complimenting creativity with data to drive our clients’ businesses forward. The data comes from many sources: web analytics platforms, social sources, ad-servers, market research – and many more. As an Analytics Specialist you will be responsible for working through (sometimes large) data sets from disparate sources, joining them together, and analyzing them– i.e. figure out what the data is telling us and what we should do next. The right candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced, pressured environment and have the ability to write and speak clearly in order to communicate complex ideas.
Achieve The Following
- Partner with planners and analysts to identify correct goals and KPIs
- Create useful reports and dashboards to aid campaign management and optimization
- Manage and maintain these reports and the related data-processing which sustains them
- Work with analysts to assist in appropriate digital campaign setup
- Use custom tools to assess clients’ brand health, extracting data from systems for analysis and presentation
- Review data from online conversations about brands or topics to create stories or insights
- Learn about new or existing tools to best leverage their data or capabilities
- Contribute to ideas for agency tools and R&D
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics, or related field preferred. Advanced degree preferred
- Expertise in MS Excel as a basic foundation
- Experience with specialist data processing and visualization tools preferred – Tableau, Alteryx are our go-to tools for this
- Experience with or at a minimum basic knowledge of data types and database principles preferred
- Familiarity with basic statistical principles strongly preferred – e.g. ranges and distributions; estimations of confidence; regression / general linear models; predictive analytics
- Familiarity with social media and social listening
- Experience in CRM is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Analytic and/or Google Analytics
- Statistical software skills (R, SAS, Octave, etc.) preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple small tasks or focus on one longer one
- Ability to take ownership of projects, and deliver on time
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to be continually learning
- Attention to detail is critical
About Compass Point
Our mission is to help brands play a meaningful role in people’s lives. We earn that role by being more interesting, more evocative, more useful, more helpful and more thoughtful through the work we make. Our creative philosophy is rooted in the relentless belief that when the Truth is Well Told, it possesses the unique vitality to move the market. We believe Truth is a catalyst for authentic and powerful ideas that are able to drive positive change in a brand’s relationships with its consumers and its employees.
Compass Point serves a client list including Navy Federal Credit Union, MGM, MedExpress, Synovus, Johnsonville, Miracle-Ear, Checkers-Rally’s, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Save-A-Lot.
We are an Interpublic Group agency within the McCann WorldGroup family. The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Compass Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA and is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit mwrecruiting-openhire.silkroad.com.