Together, we can change healthcare worldwide
Careers that Change Lives:
Enable smarter talent decisions by building HR and business leaders’ knowledge of their workforce. The person in this role synthesizes data to discover trends, consults, answers questions and tells a story, turning metrics into insights.
You can grow your career with us; we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
A Day in the Life:
- Populate and use analytical tools such as scorecards and Tableau to analyze talent data
- Conducting needs assessment and intake conversations, driving the business to standard offerings where appropriate and designing custom research studies where warranted
- Execute strategic, custom-designed research as requested by the business
- Increase analytical skills of HR stakeholders by equipping them to analyze and interpret talent metrics
- Partner with HR consultants and business partners to interpret the data to reach recommended actions
- Analyze, interpret and present employee engagement and sentiment data
- Proactively identify data trends and research topical areas that matter to business and talent strategies
- Anticipate the data needs of various stakeholders to meet both current and future needs while generating additional demand for talent data and analytics
- Consult on the use of employee feedback and survey data to understand and evaluate organizational events and the effective of strategies
- Craft stories that communicates data-based insights to a variety of audiences
- 7+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree OR 5+ years of experience with a Master’s Degree
- Experience designing and conducting organizational/employee research or using metrics to consult with HR and/or senior leaders
- Understanding of measures of central tendency and variation
- Excel sorting, pivot tables and basic formulas
- Importing data into excel and formatting
- PowerPoint design and functionality
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastically “discovers” answers within data
- Courage to objectively deliver difficult messages
- Intermittent (less than 5%) travel may be required
Nice to Have:
- Masters or PhD in I/O Psychology, HRD, HRM/IR or related field
- 2+ years organizational survey research experience
- 2+ years of HR program needs assessment and/or evaluation experience
- Statistics, including correlation-based analysis and means testing; EFA and CFA
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SPSS/AMOS or R and Tableau
- Experience collaborating across boundaries and in a complex matrix environment
- Experience executing large complex projects from start to finish
- Executive-level presentation skills
- Openly seeks to understand the need
- Works independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to turn scientific details into visualized insights for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated breadth and depth including strategic thinking regarding design while also being able to dive into data specifics
- Experience building the skills of others through thoughtful teaching and dissemination of information and tools
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.medtronic.com/jobs/principal-human-capital-analyst-43018 →