In this exciting role as a Sr. Reporting & Advanced Analytics Analyst, you will have the responsibility to partner closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Commercial organizations of several businesses within Medtronic’s Restorative Therapies Group (RTG) to deliver insights that help define strategy, facilitate speed and accuracy of decision-making, and ultimately make a positive impact on the businesses. This role will define, lead, analyze, interpret and socialize data with leadership. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to innovate, think creatively, and foster strong business partnerships across a large organization.
A Day in the Life
- Responsibilities may include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
- Learns various data sources (internal and external), and aggregates, develops, inspects, mines, transforms, and models data to deliver standard and ad hoc reporting in response to customer and stakeholder needs.
- Identifies and clearly articulates data-driven insights in the form of actionable recommendations to raise productivity, improve decision making, and gain competitive advantage for our businesses.
- Partners with internal and external customers to develop, implement, and manage a reporting and analytics portfolio, consistent with the vision and goals of specific stakeholders in mind.
- Conducts statistical analysis on data and information to ensure appropriate classification or predictability.
- Develops and leads projects in his/her area of expertise, coordinating across teams of internal and external business functions.
- Maintains reporting and analytical systems, verifies the accuracy of data, and acts as a liaison to the businesses.
- Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Builds strong business partnerships across a complex matrix organization.
- Manages projects efficiently and delivers on all requirements on-time.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree in Data Analytics or similar area of focus.
- Strong experience in data modeling, data analysis, sales reporting, or analytics work.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications:
- Spotfire, Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Business Objects or Cognos
- Alteryx, SPSS Modeler or similar data prep and advanced analytics platform
- SQL, R, or related database languages
- Salesforce or related CRM tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS suite of tools, including Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to navigate a complex matrix environment and manage competing priorities.
- Growth mindset – naturally curious, strong learning agility, focus on continuous improvement.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.medtronic.com.