Website Metropolitan State University
Metropolitan State University, Minnesota’s public, urban university, and recipient of the 2019 Insight Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award is seeking to hire a Faculty position. This is a full time, tenure-track position within the Management Information Systems department of the University’s College of Management beginning in August 2020. The College of Management and its programs are accredited by the Baccalaureate and Graduate Degree Board of Commissioners of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) www.acbsp.org.
- Demonstrate ability to teach Management Information Systems courses effectively at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study.
- Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
- Mentor and help coordinate the activities of community faculty (part time practitioners who teach in the graduate and undergraduate programs) in the delivery of courses and the development of program offerings.
- Develop and maintain ties with MIS and related practitioners, and with organizations in the Twin Cities and the state.
- Terminal degree (Ph. D, DBA, or other doctoral degree) in MIS, Computer Sciences, or related field.
- Experience teaching in MIS or related area at the university or college level.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence including use of multiple educational delivery media and online/distance education.
- Demonstrated commitment to involvement in scholarly activity.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, serving a nontraditional, culturally, economically and linguistically diverse student body.
- Practical, applied non-teaching working experience in the fields of MIS and general business.
- Experience in teaching at the graduate level and/or a range of MIS courses.
- Experience with curriculum development projects or with coordinating academic curriculum.
- Experience in advising adult, non-traditional students.
- Demonstrated record of publication (journals and proceedings) and /or record of presentation at industry conferences
- Expertise with business analytics or Agile/DevOps.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in being able to take on multiple functional roles in an academic department and/or in being able to leverage external resources for supporting the activities of an academic department.
To apply for this job please visit metrostate.peopleadmin.com.