Website Milliman, Inc.
Milliman provides consulting services.
Milliman, Inc. provides consulting services to a broad array of clients. We are the leading actuarial consultants to healthcare plans and providers in the U.S. and we have over 3,000 employees nationwide. We are currently looking for a student majoring in a related field of computer science, math, or economics, to fill a full-time internship position in the summer of 2019, lasting approximately three months. This position requires U.S. work authorization. No recruiters please.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Problem-solving using spreadsheets, databases, and other resources to synthesize and analyze data and information,
- Processing data for predictive models and visualization,
- Presenting results to peers and project leaders,
- Preparing and documenting project files, and
- Assisting with research and business development projects.
The requirements for this position include:
- Strong technical and analytical skills,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Good communication skills, including the ability to express complicated technical concepts verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences,
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software,
- Working knowledge of database applications, Access, SQL, VBA, SAS, Python, and / or R,
- Computer programming experience, and
- Current GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Attributes which are also desirable:
- Experience with health care or health data,
- Knowledge of large-scale machine learning tools, and
- Experience with cloud computing.
Current benefits of this position include:
- Competitive hourly pay rate, plus overtime when applicable,
- As a temporary or seasonal employee, you will be eligible for the Employee Assistance Plan when you are on the active payroll, and
- Business casual work environment with free covered parking.
Milliman, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.milliman.com.