Website Minnesota Department of Revenue
Job Class: Research Analysis Specialist
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/13/2017
Closing Date: 12/4/2017
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Revenue Dept / Revenue (inc Assessors)-MAPE
Division/Unit: Property Tax Division / Property Tax-Data & Analysis
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $21.98 – $32.24/hourly; $45,894 – $67,317/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
*You will be required to answer a question in this application process about the minimum and preferred qualifications. To review the qualifications while answering the question either print the job posting or open the posting in a new browser/window
This posting may be used to fill two vacancies.
The purpose of this position is to provide expert assistance and oversight in the administration of the Minnesota property tax system by serving to:
- Plan, design and carry out complex research studies which measure and evaluate the quality of property tax assessment throughout the state, including but not limited to PRISM submissions, the Sales Ratio Study and determination of adjusted tax capacities
- Analyze legislation, develop parcel-specific data collection requirements for counties and local governments
- Propose, conduct and prepare research, data reports and summaries
- Perform data analysis and respond to data requests
- Complete, perform, participate in and/or lead other miscellaneous project or duties, as needed and assigned
- Develop increased knowledge and understanding of policy, theory, data and activities of compliance and oversight of property taxes
Your experience/education must meet one of the following requirements:
- Three years of experience in statistical and/or data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in field emphasizing critical thinking and analytical skills plus two (2) years of experience as described above
- Master’s degree plus one (1) year of experience as described above
Applicants who meet the above experience requirements will be further evaluated based on the following:
- Experience developing, testing, and implementing data systems
- Communication skills necessary to work collaboratively with customers at all levels
- Experience with spreadsheet analysis
- Knowledge of Sales Ratio studies and determining Adjusted Net Tax Capacity
- Experience designing SAS programs for property tax analysis
- Knowledge of the Department of Revenue PRISM system
- Knowledge of eCRV
- Experience with policy and/or tax laws relevant to property tax
- Successful participation in the State of Minnesota Star of the North Fellowship
Requires occasional moving of articles such as boxes, accounting records, laptop computer, and portable printer.
Prior to an offer of employment, a background check will be conducted. This will include, but is not limited to checking degrees and licensures, criminal history, and tax filing and payment history. All individual income tax filing and payment obligations must be current prior to interviewing for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
How to Apply
To view the job posting, go to the State Careers website at www.mn.gov/careers, then enter Job ID 18075 in Keywords search. Your application must contain sufficient detail to determine qualifications. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Ashley Scherek at email@example.com or 651.556.4004.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.mn.gov/careers →