Website Minnesota Department of Revenue
Job Class: Research Analyst Intermediate
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 06/05/2018
Closing Date: 06/26/2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Revenue Department / Revenue (inc Assessors)-MAPE
Division/Unit: Tax Research / Tax Research
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $20.37 – $29.58/hourly; $42,532 – $61,763/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Association of Professional Employees/MAPE
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
You will be required to answer a question in this application process about the minimum and preferred qualifications. To review the qualifications while answering the question either:
- print the job posting or
- open the posting in a new browser/window
This position is responsible for tax research and analysis. Duties include developing revenue estimates and forecasting the impact of proposed changes in tax laws, creating spreadsheets and databases, and creating and running tax models. It is also responsible for conducting studies and analyses of state tax and related budget issues, and for writing reports.
Experience/education must meet one of the following requirements:
- Two years of full-time equivalent professional experience working with tax policy or conducting research in economics or public policy analysis
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a closely related field that includes research and quantitative training and one year of full-time equivalent experience described above
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy or closely related field that includes research and quantitative training
- An equivalent combination of analysis experience and education listed above
Applicants who meet the above requirements will be further evaluated based on the following:
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Human relations skills sufficient to work with others on projects
- Training or experience programming with SAS, SPSS, SQL or equivalent to conduct quantitative or statistical analysis
- Training or experience developing data models or conducting modeling activities
- Knowledge of legislative process
- Knowledge of tax statutes
- Successful participation in the Minnesota Star of the North Fellowship program
- Requires occasional moving of articles such as boxes, accounting records, laptop computer, and portable printer.
Prior to an offer of employment, a background check will be conducted. This will include, but is not limited to checking degrees and licensures, criminal history, and tax filing and payment history. All individual income tax filing and payment obligations must be current prior to interviewing for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
To view the job posting, go to the State Careers website at www.mn.gov/careers, then enter Job ID 24198 in Keywords search. Your application must contain sufficient detail to determine qualifications. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sonja Fink at email@example.com or 651/556-6667.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org