Website Minnesota Department of Transportation
Research Analyst Intermediate-GIS
Up to $64,581 annually
Under administrative direction, the purpose of this position is to establish and maintain a comprehensive and robust Geographic Information System (GIS) capability in District 1 that supports the needs of all functional groups. This position is responsible for establishing processes and procedures for identifying, prioritizing and supporting the District’s GIS data and mapping needs. The employee will be responsible for maintaining various spatial and thematic databases, providing analytic research to support management and functional group priorities, and developing a range of cartographic products to be used for internal and external purposes. The employee will also participate in statewide and District GIS coordination/deployment and asset management planning efforts.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Training opportunities
- And more!
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
A bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Transportation Planning or Computer Science and one year of professional experience as described below.
Two years of professional experience demonstrating:
- Knowledge of (GIS) & computer generated cartography;
- Experience in cartographic principles and techniques including map datum, projections and coordinate systems;
- Broad technical knowledge of the inter-related elements and automation of surveying, mapping, cartography and land survey;
- Experience researching, interpreting, assisting and/or training others in cartographic techniques, the interpretation of municipal corporate boundary descriptions and other land descriptions, USGS products, aerial photography, road construction plans, highway R/W maps and land survey data;
- Written and oral communication skills to develop procedures, solicit information and provide training; and
- Experience capturing and converting geographic data through operating GIS and CAD systems.
APPLY ONLINE BY 6/1/2020:
Go to www.mn.gov/careers/
Click “External Applicants”.
On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 40360 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board – MinneAnalytics
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers/ will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit mn.gov.