The Audience Insights Associate is part of American Public Media’s (APM) Audience Research & Insights team within the Audience Development department. This position serves all of APM’s entities including regional services (Minnesota Public Radio and Southern California Public Radio) and nationally-distributed programming (such as Marketplace and A Prairie Home Companion). The Audience Insights Associate contributes meaningfully to the organization by examining and analyzing audience/member data to discover new insights leading to organizational excellence, efficiency, and growth.
Application deadline: July 26, 2017
- Gather and analyze radio market data through various tools such as Tapscan, Act I, Nielsen Audio, AudiGraphics, Listener PC, PPM Analysis Tool,Organize into regular reports or presentations.
- Prepare topline radio audience data for all national programs and stations.
- Create ad-hoc reports for many areas of the organization including Content, Marketing, Development, Membership, Distribution, Underwriting, Digital, and Finance.
- Contribute to custom research projects and audience surveys.
- Track industry audience trends.
- Develop proficiency with a variety of data platforms and reporting tools including Salesforce, IBM Cognos Reporting Studio, Tableau, etc.
- Assist with the creation of contact list requests for critical operational fundraising activities including direct mail, email, telemarketing, etc.
- Help to generate, maintain, and improve efficiency of existing reporting and analyses that inform and guide subsequent marketing and fundraising strategies.
- Work as a team to develop, apply, and maintain standard data and reporting practices to ensure accuracy and consistency across reports.
- Work as a team to organize existing reports and ad-hoc requests to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain documentation of reporting requirements, procedures, and business rules.
- Cross-train and provide back-up for team members as necessary.
- Foster a customer- and donor-centered, cooperative, and productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an information-intensive or analytical field of study including, but not limited to Economics, Mathematics, Statistical Analysis, Business, Marketing, etc.
- Minimum of 6 month-1 year of applicable experience
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Experience/familiarity with statistics, data reporting applications, predictive modeling, and/or programming languages
- Experience/familiarity working within a CRM environment
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to logic-check, see patterns and stories in information as well as manipulate and retrieve data.
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal, with ability to synthesize and deliver insightful, relevant information to a wide variety of end users
- Well-organized with exceptional attention-to-detail and follow-through
- Self-motivated, organized, and resourceful
- Ability to establish work priorities and manage workload autonomously
- High degree of integrity, ethical decision-making and sound business judgment; able to honor high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to learn new applications as required
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities and desire to advance to Audience Insights Analyst role
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Market research experience
- Database management
- Basic understanding of media industry
- Knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS or SAS
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands: Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions: Moderate noise level
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://americanpublicmedia.applicantpro.com/jobs/601526.html →