Northern – Large enough to matter, Small enough that you can make a difference.
Are you a creative thinker? Are you decisive when it’s needed? Do you value integrity and demonstrate that integrity in what you do? Above all, do you want to leave footprints?
ARE YOU NORTHERN? If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Since founder Don Kotula opened his garage door to the world in 1980, Northern Tool + Equipment has stayed true to a vision that has guided the company ever since – building lasting relationships by providing the right solution for our customers. Today, Northern Tool + Equipment has grown into a billion-dollar company that provides over 40,000 carefully chosen tools via catalogs, website and retail stores. We seek talented people who wish to share their initiative, ideas and expertise; we develop and support our teams and we put them in a position to succeed. We know our customer, we provide value and we act with integrity. We are True Northern.
We are currently seeking an Analyst to join our Modeling and Analytics team at our Corporate HQ in Burnsville, MN.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To enhance company understanding of customers and to create effective marketing through customer database research, reporting, and analytics. Utilizes predictive modeling, customer segmentation, customer lifetime value and revenue attribution for marketing campaigns through testing and analysis. Focuses on support of internal clients from Catalog, Retail, and Ecommerce Marketing team to drive business results.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Contributes in the planning and success of direct mail catalog campaigns including execution of mail stream optimization process and campaign profitability reporting and analysis.
2. Creates performance reporting for marketing campaigns and programs including direct mail, email, paid search and ecommerce initiatives, and retail media. Provides analysis to give insight into the profitability and effectiveness of overall campaigns, customer segments, products, etc.
3. Maintains and updates revenue attribution tasks including; data update process, creates and analyzes attributed sales reporting and trends and ensures utilization across marketing through campaign and advertising analysis.
4. Ensures accurate data and processing of the scoring of all predictive models and related tasks. Monitors performance and gains driven by predictive models.
5. Assists in providing insights and expertise in testing and analysis for marketing and other departments throughout the company.
6. Provides effective communication of insights, recommendations, and best practices based on testing, analysis, and modeling to company stakeholders and external partners.
7. Supports predictive modeling efforts of the team assisting in variable creation, imputation, and selection; and building logistic and linear regression models.
8. Utilizes SAS and SQL programming / coding with SAS Enterprise Guide to create and maintain effective and efficient processes for data preparation, reporting, and modeling.
9. Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization, benchmark practices/results against competition and maximize organizational effectiveness.
10. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
11. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, analytics, statistics or a related field.
• At least 2 years of experience in database analysis and programming.
• At least 2 years of SAS software and programming experience.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Experience in Microsoft products preferred including Excel and Power BI.
• Ability to prioritize effectively to meet established goals.
• Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, employees and others.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.