Website Novus Media
At Novus, you are surrounded by more than 220 employees throughout Canada and the U.S. who share a passion not only growing our client’s business but also for pushing boundaries. We don’t accept the status quo; instead we seek to challenge the norm, create opportunity and ultimately surpass the competition. At our core, Novus is a hotbed of local media expertise combined with extensive investment and analytics acumen that is designed to create innovative media programs that drive increased profits for our clients. We have been a major player in the print space handling newspaper and circular planning and buying for top retail, direct response and B2B clients for over 30 years. We also leverage that deep local market knowledge and customized granular local planning approach to create innovative programs across other media channels. With expert teams in 4 locations: Minneapolis, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal, no one in the local media space has our committed depth of talent, far-reaching connections, or proven track record. By joining one of the premier media companies in the industry, you’ll be part of a team that is passionate, engaged, forward-thinking and seizing opportunities daily.
Marketing Analyst: Position Overview
The Marketing Analyst position is an integral part of the Marketing Sciences and Analytics team, responsible for analysis, insights, optimizations, trends, and results reporting related to media planning & performance to internal and external clients.
This position supports Novus and Client business objectives through: Strategic and tactical analysis of data and data processes, insights and analysis to support media strategy and the media planning process, experiment design, campaign optimization, and applying business knowledge to drive key insights in creative ways to impact our Clients most strategic projects. The ideal candidate is a strategic, numbers-driven thinker with the ability to draw conclusions, make recommendations, and enact change by communicating effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Create best practices and repeatable / sustainable processes to advance client objectives within the broader Consumer Insights & Analytics team
- Own and execute a variety of special projects as assigned by account teams and/or manager
- Contribute strategically (and provide insight for) ongoing system enhancements
- Constantly look for new ways to improve media strategy, planning, and performance by leveraging advanced analytics and data science
- Extract various forms of data from databases and flat file, aggregate data & create various analyses & reports as related to functions/needs of job or special projects
- Prioritize work across multiple projects, develop project timelines and manage appropriately to achieve goals
- Effectively communicate and maintain working relationships with both client & internal teams to ensure projects are completed correctly and on time
- Track and communicate industry trends that relate to print advertising
- Strong analytical skills with solid foundation in statistical techniques or similar skills in strategic business management. Knowledge of market and consumer segmentation, statistical modeling, and test design preferred.
- Proven ability to evaluate, understand and interpret data from both external and client perspectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (I.e. Economics, Statistics, Psychology, Business Analytics).
- Advanced Excel skills with pivot table experience. Macro and VBA experience a plus.
- Hands on experience with data extraction, aggregation, and manipulation utilizing relational databases. Coding experience utilizing SQL, SAS, Python, or R preferred.
- Hands on experience using analytical and data visualization software such as Alteryx, KXEN, SAS, Tableau.
- Experience in direct marketing, media, or advertising for an agency or retailer is a plus.
- Solid presentation skills with proven ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize effectively while adapting to an ever-changing / fast-paced environment.
- Independent, self-motivator with an ability to manage processes / deadlines with a positive attitude when faced with stressful situations.
To apply for this job email your details to Dawn@BeyondMediaPlacement.com