We connect and protect.
As a data visualization specialist you will look at the “big picture” thinking regarding how to utilize data and create new insights. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that can balance working on several ongoing, concurrent projects. This individual will also be able to put themselves in the place of the consumer and analysis insights. The right candidate for this role has strong analytical skills while also communicating complex analysis results through simple and intuitive representations to a broad audience.
Key role responsibilities:
- Develop compelling visual stories to effectively communicate meaningful insights from large data sets.
- Build, maintain, and support rich and interactive graphical representations of data (reports, dashboards, and/or user interfaces)
- Present data in an intuitive easy to understand format
- Help answer analytical questions through graphical representations
- Become a subject matter expert in visualization techniques/tools, determine which best work on the data types, and also understand the limitations of each technique
- Help audiences understand the psychology of visual perception
Qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, D3, Qlikview, Spotfire, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in big data visualization, design frameworks, concept visualization, storytelling, user experience and prototyping
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and NoSQL databases or self service data prep (Alteryx, Pentaho)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and present quantitative analyses in clear and precise manner to leadership team
- Experience in distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Presto, MapReduce, Kinesis/Kafka, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and R
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org