Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world’s leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Marketing Technologist is responsible for implementing and executing marketing campaigns that use marketing data to drive decisions, strategies and revenue. This individual will be the go-to technology expert on the marketing team with responsibilities for implementing and maintaining various systems used to support B2B and B2C marketing campaigns.
The Marketing Technologist will work closely with the Client Marketing, Professional Marketing, IT Business Development and the e-commerce teams to ensure that digital marketing activities and tactics are developed and implemented in an effective and high-quality way. Using marketing automation tools and digital marketing expertise, he or she will be responsible for implementing global digital marketing programs. He or she will also be responsible for identifying and implementing marketing strategies that increase sales of Pearson VUE’s e-commerce sites as well as tracking promotion effectiveness of initiatives.
Campaign Management and Optimization
- Strategize and deploy marketing campaigns in Eloqua and Salesforce to drive overall test volume and e-commerce sales for various programs.
- Manage email campaign set up, QA, tracking, execution, testing, delivery, and analysis.
- Optimization campaigns through the use of A/B testing, personalization, creative, and dynamic content.
- Manage SEO and PPC programs to optimize organic and paid search.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Train others on the marketing team to effectively use marketing automation tools.
- Act as the primary Eloqua marketing contact for internal sales and marketing teams.
Data management, reporting and analytics
- Oversee and provide consultation regarding data integration of Pearson VUE and marketing automation systems.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Manage controls on all marketing data inputs and outputs to drive data cleanliness.
- Provide reporting from marketing automation system according to defined metrics and analyses of ROI results. Advise to extend, amend or stop activities based on results.
- Manage marketing projects to ensure they are completed on time, on budget and are of high quality.
- Assist in annual strategic marketing planning and implementation of agreed-upon initiatives.
- Evaluate new technologies and vendors to improve campaign performance and evolve our marketing automation initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies, including updates to social media marketing, attribution, and programmatic media buying.
Internal marketing automation consultation
- Provide marketing automation expertise to other Pearson VUE businesses and clients as needed to implement successful marketing campaigns.
- Work with other Pearson VUE businesses to help them understand requirements for implementation and instruct them on best practices and complex campaign builds.
- Scope costs associated with using tool to implement client marketing activities.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business, IT or related field required.
3-5 years of relevant work experience in marketing automation or CRM administration required.
- Experience working with marketing technology tools including email, web analytics, and CRM.
- Experience managing projects from inception to completion, including managing to a timeline and budget.
- Digital marketing and demand generation experience.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities :
- Ability to apply data-driven insights to complex marketing campaigns.
- Outstanding communication and customer contact skills required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment in occasionally stressful situations.
- Relationship management skills required.
- Interpersonal savvy with customer focus.
- Effective organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive and detail oriented.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of the IT training and certification industry.
- Certified Eloqua B2B Master or Luminary certification.
- Experience with Eloqua, Salesforce, Google Optimize, Google Adwords and Google Analytics.
- Knowledgeable about digital advertising, including SEM, SEO, PPC and social advertising platforms.
- Working knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS development and SQL database reporting.
- Knowledgeable on email best practices, technologies and trends.
- Ability to build reports using automated reporting such as Tableau, Power BI or Pentaho.
- Expert level Excel skills.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://pearson.jobs/bloomington-mn/marketing-technologist/4652119DADAE4261B48AC90D019621BE/job/ →