Website Polaris Industries
#1 worldwide power sports vehicle manufacturer.
The Data Scientist is responsible for modeling complex business problems, discovering business insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytics skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
- Develop analytical approaches to strategic business decisions
- Perform analysis using predictive modeling, data/text mining, and statistical tools
- Collaborate cross-functionally to arrive at actionable insights
- Synthesize analytic results with business input to drive measurable change
- Assist in continual improvement of AWS data lake environment
- 5+ years of work experience in a predictive analytics-focused role
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Statistics/Mathematics, Data or Computer Science, Master’s preferred
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniques and practices.
- Experience with data preparation, rationalization, and processing
- Highly proficient with one or more data mining/predictive modeling tools: R, Python
- Highly proficient with one or more data visualization tools: Tableau, Power BI