Website Prime Therapeutics
Our work matters. We help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. We do not lose sight of that. It fuels our passion and drives every decision we make.
The BI Tools & Data Visualization Consultant supports the business in decision making and service to Prime’s clients by providing business intelligence services. This position acts as a BI subject matter expert for both clients and business partners across the organization. This role will create innovative process-oriented solutions to complex business problems using a variety of data platforms and large amounts of data. The ideal candidate will also be excited to explore emerging technologies and their application in business analytics.
- Assist stakeholders in achieving objectives through the development of prototype and production-supported data extracts, ETL, metrics and dashboard visualizations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define business requirements and develop/document solution design
- Write queries, create and modify code, and use point-and-click technologies to produce data and analytical products.
- Act as a business intelligence subject matter expert by training and supporting clients and team members in the creation of visualizations, along with the use and interpretation of data
- Document methods and specifications in order to support self-sufficiency of end user
- Under general supervision, analyze or produce reports of varied claims data to assess Prime’s products and/or programs; utilize analytics to explore data, identify trends, and draw insights from multi-faceted and high dimensional data
- Conduct maintenance and fine-tuning of work group-level data platforms and business processes and programs; support the business in the identification and mitigation of data issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, computer sciences or business/social and behavioral science or related area of study, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience; HS diploma or GED is required
- 3 years of work experience in business intelligence, building visualizations/dashboards based upon large data sets and/or experience working with complex queries
- 2 years experience working with dashboard generating technologies (like Tableau (v9.0 or higher), Tibco Spotfire, Qlik View, etc.)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Demonstrated understanding of data modeling, data analysis, and data management principles using SQL and other related technologies
- Excellent communication and cross functional collaboration skills
- Detail oriented and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects independently and within established timeframes
- Enhanced organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and interpret complex data
- Ability to establish rapport and effectively influence at all levels within an organization
- 2+ years of work experience in business intelligence, building visualizations/dashboards based upon large data sets and/or experience working with complex queries
- Exposure to or experience with building visualizations/dashboards
- Exposure to or experience with computer programming concepts
- Business Intelligence consulting experience
- Experience cleansing, transforming, integrating and navigating data through SAS, Teradata, Alteryx, SAP Business Objects, Hadoop, Cloudera, or other similar database and ETL platforms
- Prior experience with data consolidation and modeling
- Prior PBM experience or experience working with medical claims, pharmacy claims, healthcare and/or benefits data
- Experience in the implementation of quality process improvement efforts
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reports to Principal, Manager, Director, or Sr Director in the Health Outcomes, Pharmacy Audit, Pricing, Planning & Analysis or Operations Planning & Delivery departments
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.