Transforming Data into Actionable Insights since 1984
Are you data savvy with a background in statistics, research, and public health? This is your opportunity to make a difference while growing your professional skills! Work for an independent consulting company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and a focus on sustainability.
We are seeking a tenacious problem solver with strong analytical skills to work full-time or part-time supporting evaluation and research projects. In this position, you will perform data processing, management, and analysis. You’ll work with a team of analysts, statisticians, and evaluators on projects in tobacco control, chronic disease, and behavioral health. This role offers opportunities to collaborate with a team and grow your analysis skills working independently.
Current undergraduate (3rd or 4th year) and Master’s level graduate students may apply as we will consider a part-time position or internship for the right candidate.
We are still working remotely due to COVID-19 but will be returning to the office soon. We will consider remote candidates who are willing to travel to the Twin Cities a few times a year, once it is safe to do so.
- Data Management (65%)
- Clean and prepare data for analysis (SAS)
- Process monthly vendor and survey data (SQL/SAS)
- Work with project teams to identify and implement data monitoring criteria
- Document data processes and data cleaning decisions
- Analysis (15%)
- Conduct quantitative analysis in SAS to support evaluation studies and research projects
- Document analysis methods and results, including data visualizations
- Communicate analysis results to a variety of audiences
- Other Projects (20%)
- Internal: Support internal initiatives and groups such as the tobacco workgroup, equity workgroup, etc.
- Administration: Check-ins with supervisor, participate in company-wide initiatives, etc.
- Professional development: Research and report on best practices in statistical analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an analytic field with coursework in statistics
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient statistical programmer in SAS, R, or SPSS (the application process will include a short assessment on programming experience)
- Demonstrated experience conducting statistical tests and regression, including data preparation, analysis, and interpretation
- Ability to work independently
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, PDA offers fair salaries that align with each individual’s skills and experience. The minimum starting salary for Associate Analyst I is $46,000.
The pay rate for interns varies by experience with a minimum of $15 per hour.
Founded in 1984, Professional Data Analysts (PDA) is a Certified B Corporation with over 30 employees whose mission is to create positive social impact by providing tailored data-centric solutions that move public health initiatives forward. We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits like paid parental leave and disability insurance. We have a flexible work environment and dog-friendly office. PDA also has a strong commitment to improving our community and minimizing our environmental impact. PDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment where every individual has the resources and opportunities they need to grow, thrive, and succeed.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelly Laurel at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to promote equity and ensure a fair application process, we’re upfront about what we’re looking for. Check out our application criteria.
To apply for this job please visit www.pdastats.com.