PDA is currently seeking an Assistant Analyst to support work on evaluation and statistical projects. The Assistant Analyst position will work with the PDA Statistics Team to perform data processing, monitoring, data management, and analysis. Strong quantitative, writing, and communication skills are essential. This is a full-time position (32 to 40 hours per week) with benefits. However, part-time (20 hours per week) may be considered for current students. Primary responsibilities include:
- Process monthly vendor and survey data (SQL/SPSS/SAS) for evaluation clients; includes resolving and escalating issues
- Develop and improve methods for data processing
- Work with evaluation and survey team to identify monitoring criteria
- Assess survey and vendor data using criteria (SPSS/SAS)
- Prepare reporting datasets for analysts (SAS/SPSS)
- Evaluate quality of data from clients/vendors and communicate issues and data limitations
- Develop code libraries (SAS/SPSS) for cleaning survey and vendor data
- Maintain documentation: codebooks, processes, data anomalies, coding decisions
- Develop SQL queries and analyze survey data in SAS or SPSS to investigate various quality improvement efforts
- Perform analysis in SAS and SPSS to support evaluation studies and health services research projects
- Research and report on best practices for statistical analysis
- Support Statistics and Evaluation teams with interpretation of analysis results including data visualization (charts, graphs, tables) and writing support
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in an analytic field (Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, physical sciences, etc.)
- Experience in statistical programming using SAS, SPSS, or R (the application process will include a short test to assess programming experience)
- Ability to perform statistical tests
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Time-management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Interest in public health, program evaluation, survey management, or health services research.
Current undergraduate (3rd or 4th year) and Master’s level graduate students may apply as we will consider a part-time position for the right candidate.
PDA offers a competitive benefits package and is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. To apply, please submit your cover letter, transcripts, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017. Only inquiries submitted through the above email address will be reviewed. Please do not call our office about this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com