This position can be based in Minneapolis, MN, San Francisco, CA or Brooklyn, NY
- Infrastructure Engineer/Data Engineer with a knack for automation and an affinity for data
- Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and experience
- Passionate about learning
What you’ll do:
- Provide datastore stewardship for a specific software stack within the greater Renaissance Learning suite of products
- Work with developers to evaluate their big data use cases, provide feedback, design guidance and support.
- Responsible for managing the full life-cycle of a big data solution. This includes creating the requirements analysis, design of the operational architecture and testing
- Responsible for delivery pipeline orchestration related to the datastores. This includes, but is not limited to: Provisioning, Configuration, Monitoring and Deployment
- Building tools to facilitate rapid software development
- Train development teams/DevOps Engineers and demonstrate best practices
- Evangelizing DevOps, CI/CD and Agile/Kaizen principles
Renaissance® is the leader in K-12 learning analytics——enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters——creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey——from year to year and for a lifetime. Our data-driven, personalized solutions are currently used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 60 countries around the world.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience, BS or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Hands on expert (5+ years) in Big Data technologies like HBase, MapReduce, YARN, Spark, ELK
- Expertise with Relational and NoSQL (MongoDB) database
- In depth familiarity with Cloudera distributions of Hadoop.
- Experience with automating large scale big data deployments using configuration management/orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible) and Docker containers
- Extensive experience with messaging/queuing technologies (Kinesis, Kafka).
- Strong knowledge of API and RESTful Web Services development
- Deep knowledge and experience with Java/J2EE platform, experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, Pig)
- Excellent full stack system-level thinking
- Familiar with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
- Experience working closely with operational teams on deployment and monitoring
- Experience supporting distributed web applications, in a large, complex and evolving environment
- Experience with scalable infrastructure and platform (e.g. AWS) for large amounts of data ingestion, migration, and integration. Capable of building/supporting world class high-volume real-time databus and automate ingestion of various data sources.
- Passion for DevOps
- Cloudera Certified Data Engineer (CCP), a plus
- Proven track record of committing to big data related open source projects, a big plus