Website Securian Financial Group
Department: Corporate Actuarial
Advanced capabilities in the rapidly emerging field of data analytics are crucial to the competiveness of 21st Century Corporations. Our new Enterprise Actuarial Analytics (EAA) program seeks to enhance the analytical proficiency of our actuarial functions. This role will play a key role in our EAA program and other initiatives relating to data analytics.
What you would do in this job:
- Utilizes advanced analytics tools and techniques to complement actuarial initiatives and expand our predictive capabilities across product and functional areas.
- Develops strong understanding of the various businesses to effectively support the actuarial function for the enterprise.
- Serves as statistical resource to the actuaries at Securian, particularly as it relates to assumption setting and results analysis.
- Develops predictive models to enhance various actuarial functions such as experience studies, policyholder behavior models, and model validation.
- Assists underwriting functions via techniques such as predicative modeling and Bayesian theory.
- Ensures that actuarial practices at Securian are grounded in solid statistical theory.
- Provides statistical expertise and ensures consistency of application.
- Collaborates with and advise advanced statistical and data science insights to Customer Analytics Manager and staff.
- Develops other applications of predictive modeling as appropriate (e.g. fraud detection).
- Performs related activities as directed, and manages personal self-development to prepare for new responsibilities and challenges in a changing environment.
Preferred skills for this job:
- Strong background in statistics commensurate with graduate level training (e.g., Masters or PhD in field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Industrial Systems Engineering or Physics).
- Expertise in data science, machine learning, Bayesian analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, etc. and related tools and technology (e.g., R, Hadoop, Python).
- Solid communication skills to adequately explain complex subject matter to a wide range of associates.
- Ability to apply theory in a business context.
- Collaborative disposition to drive advancement in our Advanced Analytics capabilities and an ability and desire to teach others.
What you could expect from us:
Appreciating diversity and the unique contributions of each associate, Securian fosters a workplace where people can develop and reach their potential. The Company offers opportunities for long-term, career growth in a wide range of fields.
We encourage associates to prepare for future responsibilities and career success by pursuing professional and educational opportunities, and offer an extensive on-campus curriculum of industry programs and customized courses through our Training and Development department.
Providing a family-friendly workplace, we encourage associates to maintain a balance between work and personal activities, and offer a variety of life balance programs and benefits. We understand there’s more to life than work.
We also contribute to the health and vitality of the communities where we live and work through our tradition of volunteerism and philanthropy.
The advantages we offer – opportunities for advancement, a positive and flexible work environment, a comprehensive and valuable benefits package, and a commitment to our community – result in an excellent associate retention level.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for approximately 1-4 hours per day.
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-4 hours per day.
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.
*To apply, please visit our website: www.securian.com and search for Job ID 17478
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.securian.com →