Website St. Cloud State University
Assistant/Associate Professor of Statistics
One or more full-time probationary positions (contingent upon budget and available funds)
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at St. Cloud State University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Statistics. The successful candidate will join a department committed to excellence in teaching and dedicated to preparing the next generation of statisticians and data scientists. The undergraduate statistics program includes concentrations in Mathematical Statistics, Data Science, and Data Analytics. Seven statistics faculty provide students with quality instruction in modern statistical methods using hands-on real-world data.
Appointment Date: August 21, 2018
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate’s primary assignments will be to teach both introductory and upper-level statistics courses and to work as part of a team to strengthen and grow the statistics and data science programs in the department. The successful candidate will also be involved in the development of curricular materials, serve on department committees, and be professionally active. In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform other assignments effectively; 2) conduct research or other scholarly activities; 3) continue preparation and study in the discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/2015-2017_IFO_Contract.pdf
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Data Science, or related area by the appointment date
- Evidence of effective teaching with modern statistics education methods
- Evidence of strong computing skills
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
Preferred: Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with
- Data Science tools/methods
- Engaging students in experiential learning through real-world projects
- Statistical consulting experience
Apply for this position directly at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/stcloudstate
Application Review begins December 11, 2017; position is open until filled. Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Letter of application addressing the qualifications listed above
- Curriculum vitae
- Clear evidence of effective teaching (i.e., student evaluations, peer/supervisor evaluations, teaching awards, etc…)
- Names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses of three (3) current professional references who can speak to the candidate’s qualifications
- Copies of transcripts (undergraduate/graduate/Ph.D.); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Dr. Michael Ernst, Search Committee Chair
Phone: (320) 308-2175
St. Cloud State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at SCSU is Dr. Ellyn Bartges. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 102.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org