What if there was a different way of looking at money? A way that says it’s not how much we have that makes us happy—but what we do with it. For over 100 years, Thrivent has been helping members see money for what it really is—a tool, not just a goal—that can help us live more content, confident and generous lives.
Thrivent is undergoing a growth transformation and we are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) expert to work with our executive leadership team and business leaders on business and strategy performance, forecasting, impact analyses, and analytical efforts. This is a superb opportunity to join a Fortune 500 and not-for-profit organization that gives you a sense of purpose!
As the full-time Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics Consultant you will be a thought-leader who is responsible for developing insights that directly influence Thrivent’s goals, strategies, plans and results. This is not your traditional BI Analyst position – we need your consultation and mentoring skills! You will proactively work with senior business leaders to suggest or determine topical areas and hypothesis to be evaluated. You are instrumental in providing insights to corporate leaders to make fact-based decisions. As a senior level individual contributor, you will also mentor BI Analysts across the organization.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively defines hypothesis and questions to evaluate and analyze based on Thrivent’s strategies and goals.
Lead complex projects and train, mentor, and provide work direction to BI Analysts.
- Collaborates with senior leaders and business process owners to define specific questions and develops plans to deliver meaningful insights.
- Conducts highly sophisticated SQL queries and works with data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to validate and develop analysis and reporting.
- Performs predictive modeling, data mining and analysis projects that inform and support corporate stakeholders.
- Evaluate and model data utilizing accepted advanced statistical methods.
- Performs investigations to identify, acquire, enhance and develop new data sources, both internal and external, which will improve the enterprise BI environment.
- Identify new ongoing data needs and requirements and champion the establishment of new systems and data in partnership with IT and appropriate business areas.
- Provides clear, concise, and proactive communication through storytelling and explaining complex analyses to non-technical audiences and senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, quantitative business analysis, applied mathematics, statistics, management information systems or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of experience in financial services, research or analytics.
- Prior internal or external consulting experience a plus.
Significant business acumen working with insurance or investment environments.
- Expert skill in using analytics tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Python).
- Expert skill in design and execution of statistical modeling and testing involving linear and non-linear regression techniques.
- Expert skill with relational databases, data warehousing, data mining and OLAP.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Ability to work at both a conceptual and detail level with strong statistical data analysis skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Efficient and effective communications skills with key business partners, tailored to client needs and expectations.
You don’t need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the passion to guide our members to be wise with money, equipping them to live more content, confident and generous lives. Thrivent provides an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any status or condition protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
To apply for this job please visit thrivent.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.