Business & Technology staffing
3mos, CTH, SAS Analyst within Pharmacy Services
Duties/ Preview summary: This is a hands-on position that performs the data analysis, coding and presentation. The prior work was done in SAS and expertise in SAS is a must-have, but this role should be thought of as an analyst who uses SAS (vs. a SAS programmer), the created information is often output and then packaged and presented in Powerpoint.
The ideal candidate has worked for a large payer / PBM as a data analyst working with pharmacy claims, is very familiar with the business and operations of specialty pharmacy, SAS is the primary analysis tool and his/her passion is discovering and presenting business and clinical insights from the data environment and from the relationship with business / clinical partners.
The full posting is below:
Using Medical and Pharmacy claims as input, the person in this role leverages their experience in healthcare (medical, pharmacy, PBM, Specialty pharmacy) to perform complex analysis to provide valued information to account teams and clients. This roles also investigates key drivers of benefit/physician/drug performance and proposes changes to improve performance, delivery or management. The focus of the role is often to access performance of the healthcare levers, processes, and controls in place, to manage specialty drug delivery and then provide recommendations and identify opportunities for _______, our Payers and/or our PBM partners.
More specifically, this person will play a lead role in the development/creation and completion of highly-complex analysis to validate, support, and/or report outcomes on various initiatives. This will be accomplished by the development/creation of new reports, analytical models, and tools, which may include items to be packaged and offered as new products to clients. This role will work collaboratively across the organization to develop appropriate new approaches and analyses techniques, resulting in new reporting, models, and tools for the organization
Skills: II. Accountabilities and Primary Skills
- Leads the development of analytic methodologies, models, reports and/or new products.
- Manipulate large sets of medical and/or pharmacy data to achieve desired results
- Creates new queries which include multiple table joins, understanding of table structures, creation of detailed lengthy formulas
- Creates complex formulas (nested statements) and be able to manipulate and then present data using SAS.
- Analyzes and interprets client pharmacy and medical benefit data.
- Analyzes, interprets and summarizes data and/or reports related to the Specialty drug, the pharmaceutical market and/or Healthcare trends
- Act as a champion of specialty analytic methodologies and mentor team members on best
- Practices related to analysis, report creation and/or presentation
- Proactively looks for new ways to do things that enhance performance, results and outcomes.
- Responds with information available at hand; has consultative style with internal and external clients.
- Articulate the industry trends to clients and the impact of trends and changes to the client financials.
- Consults with and present results of analyses to account management teams and clients.
- Provides recommendations to clients based on knowledge of the business and trend drivers.
- Ownership role in responsibility for success of client analytics and ad hoc reporting.
- Ability to apply strong knowledge related to specialty financial levers of a Specialty Pharmacy and/or industry standards/trends, in support of recommendations and business case development.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, including in-depth client data research, which may involve research and drivers of utilization. Understands resources needed and steps/processes on how to complete the problem. When an issue arises, able to understand how to navigate to a resolution.
- Ability to understand and address the complexities of integrating medical and pharmacy data.
- Knowledge of pharmacy and medical metrics and clinical quality measures, with critical thinking skills to apply variations of methods based on business needs
- Demonstrated success in analytic or healthcare related consulting engagements.
- Requires demonstrated analytic skills and creativity to quickly integrate information and develop proposals for new analytic initiatives. Demonstrate curiosity and determination in pursuing complex and innovative approaches to data needs. Progressive experience and leadership in clinical analytics in healthcare environment is essential.
- Leads and guides complex client analytical work and serves as a knowledge expert for other analysts.
- Maintains and runs code to create ad hoc, quarterly and other reporting in support of client expectations
Teamwork and Proactive Communication
- Effective at proactively creating teamwork.
- Ability to identify common goals and create win-win solutions, when working with people of differing viewpoints
- Excellent at keeping team members up to date on information that impacts the team.
- Consistently volunteers ideas and opinions.
- Anticipates questions and issues and can articulate those answers in written and verbal form.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be flexible
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of work experience in pharmacy benefits management, benefits consulting, heath care, or medical field.
- Four year college degree or equivalent. Healthcare, mathematics, economics, science or finance background and Master’s degree in math, statistics, computer science, or Public Health or related field with training qualitative analysis and research methods
- Experience conducting data analyses, reporting, and forecasting on pharmaceutical, medical and/or financial data.
- Advanced/significant hands-on experience using SAS/SASEG to analyze large administrative claims databases (e.g. over 5 million records), as defined as at least 3 years SAS/SASEG
- Experience retrieving data from relational databases Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Experience with managing and manipulating large sets of claims data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel and/or MS Access
- Experience working in the specialty healthcare environment, both pharmacy and medical knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a hospital, health system, pharmacy, or provider practice setting is preferred.
- Hands-on familiarity with administrative claims data and standard medical/pharmacy coding schemes (e.g. ICD-9, HCPCS, and CPT-4)
- Competency with Microsoft office application and Access
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed, including:
-ability to “translate” complex concepts, approaches and results to executive or lay audiences
-to communicate to small and/or large audiences (both internal and external).
- Experience communicating to senior management and drive decisions on complex, controversial issues.
- Ability and preference to work in a team environment.
- Customer Focus
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Agility
- Build Collaboration
Please send a Word resume and let’s chat!
connect with me: www.LinkedIN.com/in/johnsturgeleski
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org