Website University of Minnesota - Health Sciences Technology
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience with databases, SQL, data analysis, and Tableau
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and close attention to detail
- Strong focus on data QA and accuracy as well as formatting, styling, and usability
- Interest and ability to learn new data-related technologies
- Solutions-focused, positive approach to problem-solving with the ability to work well both collaboratively and independently
- Experience with data warehousing and manipulation/ETL, especially Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL
- Experience with version control (e.g., Git)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with statistical design and analysis (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, JMP)
- Experience with machine learning and predictive analytics
- Experience with survey design
- Understanding of data governance
About the Job
*Please Note: This position is not eligible for H-1B or Green Card sponsorship.
The Health Science Technology (HST) department at the University of Minnesota seeks a Data Analyst to support data solutions efforts for schools and units within the University of Minnesota’s health sciences community and beyond. This position will primarily focus on data integration, data analysis, data visualization, dashboard development, and statistical design and analysis. As the subject matter expert on key data sources, this position will take initiative to identify solutions, successfully manage multiple projects and client expectations, and will ensure high satisfaction. Ideal candidates will have excellent technical, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as a passion for the University’s mission of research, education, and outreach.
- University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account – vested immediately
- 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% – 100% of eligible tuition
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates
- Free disability insurance
- Annual merit increase program
- Integrate data sources and develop and maintain data models, database tables and views, and scripts and logic to extract, transform, load, and merge / link data sources
- Perform data analysis, data visualization, dashboard development, statistical design and analysis, and data delivery with a strong focus on data QA and accuracy as well as formatting, styling, and usability
- Participate in or conduct machine learning and predictive analytics efforts
- Provide expertise regarding data collection methodology and structure (e.g., survey design) and facilitate client business process improvement in terms of data collection and flow
- Conduct data profiling, cleanup, and normalization efforts and collect, create, and maintain metadata and other documentation
- Participate in development, clean up, optimization, or CQI of workflows, governance, configurations/settings, content, permissions and request frameworks, etc.
- Meet with clients to elicit and understand requirements, translate business needs into data terms, and facilitate shared understanding amongst multiple stakeholders
- Develop and manage work estimates and project plans including priorities, deliverables, timelines, and coordination of efforts
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments” section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
To apply for this job please visit hr.myu.umn.edu.