Website University of St. Thomas
All for the Common Good.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Digital Insights Analyst within the Marketing, Insights, and Communications department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Digital Insights Analyst serves as a key member of the Marketing, Insights & Communications (MIC) team, focused on developing and executing digital marketing measurement strategies and enabling the team to make data-informed recommendations about current and future programs. These marketing tactics include paid media (search, display, social, etc.), owned social channels, and the St. Thomas website (www.stthomas.edu).
Reporting to the Digital Insights Manager, this person will be responsible for capturing data from our digital marketing programs and assets, and developing observations, insights, and recommendations based on that data. They will partner with our Embedded Marketers (MIC colleagues who set and execute marketing strategy for their assigned University unit) to ensure the appropriate data is collected based on the goals of each campaign/asset and that the insights gleaned from that data are factored into future marketing decisions as they are made.
- Ensures the collection of St. Thomas’ digital marketing data, across multiple campaigns and websites follows industry best practices. Monitors the integrity of all web analytics data, working within the Google Analytics platform & with data owners to correct data collection issues where necessary
- Collaborate with our Embedded Marketers in developing clear website objectives and goals. Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success against defined goals
- Develop & implement a website tagging plan, assisting with the process of tagging new variables within Google Tag Manager. Develops and/or approves tagging changes and requests
- Create & maintain user-friendly reports and dashboards, using tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Data Studio, to allow marketers, content owners, and members of the unit’s leadership team to monitor website performance
- Partner with the broader Insights & Analytics team to execute the Discovery phase of website redesign and/or maintenance processes, intended to provide a user lens that will inform decisions about website design, content, and structure
Marketing Campaign Planning
- Contribute to campaign strategy development, ensuring insights gleaned from prior campaigns are applied and establishing KPIs that support a defined set of goals and objectives
- Consult on approach to testing and learning during the course of a campaign with variations on audiences, messages, creative elements, channels, etc.
- Work with advertising agencies to ensure underlying measurement tactics, such as campaign tracking (e.g. UTMs) and landing page form setup, are functioning at the launch of the campaign and throughout its lifecycle, including data being captured in both Google Analytics and Salesforce
- Maintain agency relationships focused on implementation of and reporting on effective campaigns that follow best practices and meet performance goals
Ongoing Optimization of Digital Presence
- Collaborate with our SEO expert in creating dashboards to monitor SEO efforts
Consult on measurement strategy and implementation of PR and owned social channels
Stay up-to-date and maintain a high level of expertise in digital technologies and marketing trends
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, data science, or another relevant field that would provide a foundation in data and analytics
- Three years of experience implementing analytics for marketing campaigns and websites, and leveraging the data collected to inform future decisions
- Experience should have resulted in advanced proficiency in Google Analytics, a strong ability to interpret data and communicate findings and implications, as well as exposure to industry best practices
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Ability to leverage site analytic tools, such as Site Improve, Lucky Orange, Google Search Console, etc.
- Ability to create & automate reporting with Excel, Google Data Studio, or other reporting tools. Can identify website tagging opportunities and document requirements.
- Self-motivated with a learning mindset. Interested in growth to round out their technical skill set. Highly motivated with the ability to function independently and solve problems.
- Trustworthy, strategic partner. Can ensure the details are accurate while not losing sight of the strategic big-picture.
- Able to guide partners to asking strategic and relevant questions and provide the appropriate data to answer them.
- Interest in creating new processes for ambiguous or new-to-the-team projects, willing to pitch in to help Marketing, Insights, and Communications team wherever analytics expertise can be of benefit
- Strong collaborator who is willing to contribute their knowledge to produce impactful work, help educate the broader team, and ensure analytics is a consideration in our decision-making. Ability to keep projects on schedule, deliver high-quality work, and meet team goals.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit staffemployment-stthomas.icims.com.