Walden University is a pioneer in student-centered distance education. An accredited graduate institution with a mission for social change, Walden is dedicated to high academic standards and helping students make a difference in their professions, organizations and communities. Walden is seeking a Director of Institutional Research. In general, this role is responsible for identifying, gathering, analyzing, and communicating institutional data to the Walden community in effort to facilitate data-supported decision making. This role reports to the Executive Director for the Office of Institutional Research & Assessment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identifying & Gathering Data:
- Querying student information system database to retrieve and organize data to create the institution’s official datasets on students, alumni, and faculty.
- Gathering internal (ex. Graduation Application, SalesForce) and external (ex. National Student Clearinghouse) data to support research needs.
- Satisfying voluntary external reporting requirements.
- Serving on the institution’s data governance board.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant national and state actions that have implications for research and evaluation.
- Staying well-informed of new developments in technology regarding information, analysis, planning, and reporting systems.
- Conducting analytical studies of trends and patterns in student and program characteristics, including retention and graduation-related research.
- Developing and producing regular reports on student demographics, enrollments, time to degree, etc.
- Ensuring appropriate tracking and reporting of various educational modalities (course, competency, accelerated).
- Supporting ad-hoc data and ad-hoc research needs of institutional and program leadership. Managing the ad-hoc request system used in the Office of Institutional Research & Assessment.
- Presenting reports and data in written and oral form about Walden students, faculty, and alumni.
- Using data visualization tools (ex. Tableau) to clearly provide relevant information to the institution.
- Providing expert consultation in research methods, analysis, and interpretation.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation of procedures is completed for recurring projects.
- Managing the ad-hoc request system used in the Office of Institutional Research & Assessment.
Other Duties as Assigned (which include):
- Supervising/mentoring research analysts and assuring the quality and accuracy of work.
- Maintaining the process and schedule for cohort stamping.
- Coordinating with academic and business departments in conducting analyses and preparing reports.
- Partnering with other Directors within the Office of Institutional Research & Assessment to accomplish tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree with coursework in research methods and statistical analysis, preferably within the social sciences or higher education administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- 6 years or more prior experience working in institutional research with demonstrated growth.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Proven expertise with Tableau preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of statistical techniques and SPSS.
- Prior experience working with web-based survey tools (such as Qualtrics).
- Experience with student information systems (such as Banner).
- Ability to retrieve, analyze and present data in meaningful formats (tables, charts, graphs) to various audiences.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and organizational skills.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.laureate.net.