Website Walden University
The Research Analyst role provides data analysis and reporting for the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. This position supports the Assessment, Academic Review, and Institutional Research departments of the office. Research analysts report to a primary supervisor but will do work in all areas. All positions are based in Minneapolis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Retrieve, provide quality assurance, and analyze data from Walden’s student information system, course evaluation database, web-based surveys, and other data sources, in order to:
- Satisfy Federal, state, and accreditors’ reporting requirements
- Satisfy voluntary external reporting
- Fulfill internal (Walden and Laureate) requests for information
- Assessment requirements
- Test research project hypotheses related to program quality, assessment, and student success
- Manage web-based data collection processes including surveys, course evaluations, and gradebook data
- Develop methods to capture, store and report critical student, faculty and alumni metrics.
- Develop and test new instruments, generate reports, and complete analyses using Tableau, SQL Server, and other tools
- Support learning outcomes assessment
- Support academic program review/co-curricular review
- Present reports and data in written and oral form to a variety of audiences
- Manage projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders regarding research request and results
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in data science or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to work with relational databases and SQL.
- Prior experience working in higher education required
- Ability to retrieve, analyze and present data in meaningful formats (tables, charts, graphs) to various audiences
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- The ability to be creative, innovative, and able to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to collaborate with analysts and other Walden staff and faculty
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Some experience with student information systems (such as Banner).
- Experience with visualization software such as Tableau.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.laureate.net.