Website Western National Insurance Group
Western National is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to join our growing organization. This position will work closely with multiple business units throughout the organization helping to support data extraction and analytics needs.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of Data Analysis experience preferably within the insurance industry. This role will use SQL to extract data but will also have a strong focus on analyzing data to help come up with business solutions. While combining technical and business aspects, the person in this role will frequently communicate and explain data analysis to non-technical users.
- Work on analytical projects to help management understand detailed information about their business portfolio.
- Produce meaningful reports and ad-hoc analysis relating to premiums, losses, business processes, agency performance and other areas that support the business.
- Provide trend analysis and ad hoc data related activities; effectively communicate insights to non-technical users in a clear and concise manner.
- Conduct pre/post-rate change impact analysis to ensure our products maintain a competitive position.
- Collaborate across several business units including Underwriting, Marketing, Product Management, and Claims to identify opportunities to improve company or operational performance.
- Understand, extract, validate, correct, and define data from multiple internal and external sources.
- Collaborate with IT Data Management by prioritizing and defining requirements for future development and testing data elements.
- Update and enhance existing reports and create or modify dashboards that help end users better understand their book of business.
- Join data elements from various source systems; build data sets that allow for various types of aggregation and analysis.
- Develop and refine sustainable processes that help improve efficiency.
- 2+ years of Analysis experience strongly preferred.
Must be able to work on-site at our corporate office location.
- Ability to accurately identify, document and recommend solutions to business problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced MS Office skills with strong focus on Excel is required.
- Experience creating and presenting ad hoc data related analysis.
- Experience with SQL and ability to create queries to extract data.
- Experience extracting data from an enterprise data warehouse and core operating systems.
- Experience with different data visualization tools with a strong focus on Tableau.
- Experience in Property & Casualty insurance is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience in lieu of degree acceptable.
Western National Insurance is a growing, A+ rated (A.M. Best) group of property-and-casualty insurance companies serving individuals, families, and businesses in 20 states across the Midwestern and Western U.S. plus Alaska. Currently ranked as the 57th largest private company by revenue in Minnesota (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal), Western National has consistently earned accolades as an employer of choice, including as a Star Tribune Top Workplace (2011 – 2016), and previously as a recipient of the Minnesota Business Ethics Award, as a Minnesota Business Magazine Top 100 Workplace, as a Principal Financial “10 Best” Company, and as a finalist for the Alfred P. Sloan “When Work Works” Award.
Western National is known as “The Relationship Company®” and caring for employees is a key part of that relationship commitment. Western National offers competitive pay, advancement opportunities, a generous benefits package, a robust wellbeing program, and a healthy work/life balance (including three weeks of paid time off, nine paid holidays, and eight hours of paid volunteer time as a starting point for new employees). These attributes are just some of the reasons why nearly half of our employees choose to stay on the Western National team for 10 years or more.
Our benefits package includes:
- 401(k) company match
- Medical insurance – We offer affordable (thanks to a strong employer subsidy), above-average coverage and the choice of either a traditional Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) option OR a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) option
- Western Wellbeing program – Including on-site massage, yoga classes, salad and healthy snack days, sit/stand workstations, nutrition seminars, and more
- 100% company-paid tuition reimbursement for approved, job-relevant coursework
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Other standard employee benefits – Including dental insurance, vision benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, and more
We could continue to list the things that we think make Western National a great place to work, but why not hear it instead from actual current and former employees? Here are some quotes that Western National employees have posted to the Glassdoor public review site:
- “Excellent company which prioritizes customer service and community service.”
“Just a great place to come to work and stay for a career. I love the personal touch from [the] executive suite on down. [The] CEO is on a first-name basis with everyone.”
- “Above-average benefits, especially on the health insurance front.”
- “I have felt welcomed here and I feel like the Senior Management cares.”
(For more reviews from current and former Western National employees, you can visit the company’s Glassdoor page here: http://bit.ly/2qXtl4A .)
***Western National is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.***
To apply for this job please visit careers-wnins.icims.com.