Website Wings Financial
Wings is Minnesota’s largest credit union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recommends beneficial use cases of data science employing statistical and machine learning models, as well as optimization and simulation methods. Correctly designs experiments and tests hypotheses using proper methods. Employs innovative approaches to analysis.
- Collaborates with team members to promote and incorporate data science insights with business partnerships.
- Designs and executes SQL queries, both ad hoc and within views, to access data for exploration and modeling. Conducts exploratory data analysis, Prepares data for analysis, appropriately handling missing data and imputation, transformations, and feature generation.
- Employs appropriate statistical and machine learning models to data sets to identify patterns in the data and provide insight into our membership. Assumptions and limitations of the methods and algorithms used are noted. Tunes models through selection of optimal model parameters. Compares multiple models and makes suitable selections. Gauges model performance through the use of appropriate accuracy metrics.
- Implements a variety of methods and algorithms relating to segmentation, market basket analysis, text analytics, forecasting, and behavioral analytics to identify and provide value to Wings membership.
- Implements standardized DevOps practice to implement new models and maintain existing models to ensure continued validity of use.
- Translates predictive results into prescriptive insights, communicates outcomes in an understandable way.
- Creates effective data visualizations and dashboards to deliver insights to business decision makers.
- Prepares requirements documents. Documents modeling process. Creates case study documentation and materials.
- Continues education and keeps abreast of latest developments in data science methods. Engages in maturing the data science knowledge of team members. Provides tactical guidance on the application of data science techniques and models to meet business needs.
- Build quality relationships with key members of the various business units while clarifying information & analytics needs across business lines.
- Assists Manager – Data Solutions in developing and executing Data Science Roadmap.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Complies with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/CIP (U.S. Patriot Act) procedures and policies.
- Follows Wings Financial CU’s “Standards of Professionalism” to represent the credit union to members in a professional manner through written and verbal communications, attitude, business attire, work area, and thorough knowledge of our products and services.
- Meets individual quality service goals as identified in your performance action plan.
- Be an effective team member through cooperation, flexibility, dependability, attendance, lack of tardiness and participation at meetings and training.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree in data science, statistics, mathematics or computer science or data science experience required with excellent analytical skills.
- 3+ years’ experience with Python language, R and Azure ML experience is a plus.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience working with various business units defining and understanding business problems and solutions.
- Experience in the implementation models through API’s or micro-services to support the integration and application of Data Science with business solutions.
- Experience in the application of statistical and machine learning models to business processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced analytical functions such as clustering, correlation, forecasting, and market basket analysis. Excellent analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Very strong customer focus and relationship skills.
- Working knowledge of BI Development processes & awareness of BI technologies. Knowledge of Tableau or similar data visualization software preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer software (i.e. Windows, Microsoft Office, Visio).
- Awareness of Project Management methodologies and processes. Understanding of the CRISP-DM process.
- Awareness and understanding of DevOps processes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.