Website Wings Financial Credit Union
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To lead in the planning, delivery, and adoption of Business Intelligence and Analytics Solutions in a way that helps the Insights team be trusted consultants & advisors to the organizations decision makers, so that Wings Financial can continue to provide unparalleled products, services, and value to the member owners of the credit union.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for one or more of the following practices: Data Governance, Data Warehousing, Data integration, Visual Analytics, Data Sciences, Enterprise Service Bus, Business Process Management
- Plan, manage, and orchestrate deliverables for assigned business unit based on business unit leaders’ key priorities
- Applies creative problem-solving skills to data efforts in a way that satisfies business leaders request and lays groundwork for future successes.
- Assists Manager of Strategic Analytics & Member Insights to plan and set tactical direction with business adoption of analytics and application of appropriate technology to support business need
Business Relationship & Analysis
- Develop understanding of both long and short-term objectives of the business units as it relates to analytics and the ability to garner member insights that drive strategic decisions.
- Communicate technical designs of data products in a concise and easily understood format by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Serves as a key resource to the business units and Data Analytics Team for all facets of solution delivery of data & analytics deliverables
- Build quality relationships with key members of the various business units while clarifying information & analytics needs across business lines.
- Make suggestions to business partners in leveraging technology to improve or automate the rendering of information used by the business unit.
- Develop ETL processes, create and/or modify data marts, and lead in the application of analytics
- Work with large, complex data sets to support implementation of data solutions that help predict, improve and measure the success of key business outcomes.
- Prepare the necessary documentation and visuals to ensure clarity in data lineage and firm understanding of developed data solutions.
- Provide general guidance and leadership to junior members of the analytics team and business-embedded analysts related to data usage and analytics
- Suggest changes to enhance the design, function and development of new/existing data structures.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Complies with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/CIP (U.S. Patriot Act) procedures and policies.
- Provides members with courteous, friendly service, which exceeds their expectations while processing transactions promptly, efficiently and accurately.
- Follows Wings Financial CU’s “Standards of Professionalism” to represent the credit union to members in a professional manner through written and verbal communications, attitude, business attire, work area, and thorough knowledge of our products and services.
- Meets individual quality service goals as identified in your performance action plan.
- Be an effective team member through cooperation, flexibility, dependability, attendance, lack of tardiness and participation at meetings and training.
- Accurately applies technical job knowledge and skills to complete all work in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements while managing varying degrees of work.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Four year college degree or equivalent work experience involving Data Analytics Initiatives and BI Development.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills focused on data deliverables.
- 5+ years BI development experience using SQL Server technologies (such as SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, DQS)
- 5+ years of Transact SQL, including creation of objects to support data modeling.
- Knowledge of Tableau or similar data visualization software preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced analytical functions such as clustering, correlation, and market basket analysis. Experience in R a plus.
- Excellent analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ownership & leadership of analytics and/or data deliverables
- Very strong customer focus and relationship skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Knowledge of financial services desirable
- Ability to work alone or with little supervision.
- Willingness to pursue further education in Data Analytics & BI.
- Working knowledge of computer software (i.e. Windows, Microsoft Office, Visio)
- Working knowledge of BI Development processes & awareness of BI technologies
- Working knowledge of Excel data functions and Pivot Tables
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative discussions with technical and non-technical staff that result in value to the business unit.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, frequently 5-10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://rew21.ultipro.com/WIN1008/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*96B948BFE0CDEFFD →